Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Saracens are relegated!

Post by Tigerbeat »

Sorry if I have misunderstood it, but have Saracens been relegated irrespective on the results till the end of the season. I was under the impression that they now have a penalty of 70 points. They are currently on -42, 53 behind Tigers with a maximum. Of 70 points available.
If they were to claim all 70 points and the 11th placed team would require 29 points....is that correct?
Saracens have accepted relegation or the prospect of relegation is a very real prospect?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:35 pm Sorry if I have misunderstood it, but have Saracens been relegated irrespective on the results till the end of the season. I was under the impression that they now have a penalty of 70 points. They are currently on -42, 53 behind Tigers with a maximum. Of 70 points available.
If they were to claim all 70 points and the 11th placed team would require 29 points....is that correct?
Saracens have accepted relegation or the prospect of relegation is a very real prospect?
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/p ... -relegated suggests that they're going down regardless of performances from here on out...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:41 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:34 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:54 pm

I would suggest it was Tigers' failure to replace them that destroyed what was a successful team. Parling, Salvi and Waldrom all no longer play for Chiefs, yet Chiefs are still successful because they replaced them well.
the point is Tigers were unable to keep them due to the cap, the failure to replace them properly may also be down to what we could spend on the replacement under the cap
But everyone else apart from Salarycens had the same cap. Sorry, I don't see why we should feel hard done by, portray Tigers as victims or Exeter as villains. :smt017

With all 3 of those players, I'm sure Tigers could have offered them enough money to stay and sacrificed someone else instead. That's something all clubs apart from Salarycens have had to do every season, and clearly Tigers have been quite poor at it for some years - although the signs are that we are very much improving on that.
Presumably it was acceptable for Tigers to sign Parling, Flood, Young, Brookes from Newcastle over a four year period?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Crofty wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:37 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:35 pm Sorry if I have misunderstood it, but have Saracens been relegated irrespective on the results till the end of the season. I was under the impression that they now have a penalty of 70 points. They are currently on -42, 53 behind Tigers with a maximum. Of 70 points available.
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/p ... -relegated suggests that they're going down regardless of performances from here on out...
The other clubs gave them the choice of automatic relegation or the forensic investigation of their accounts.

They chose relegation.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:41 pm
Crofty wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:37 pm
The other clubs gave them the choice of automatic relegation or the forensic investigation of their accounts.

They chose relegation.
Spot on. Their points tally this season is irrelevant as they will be relegated regardless of how many points they score and where they finish in the table
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Traveller wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:38 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:34 pm
the point is Tigers were unable to keep them due to the cap, the failure to replace them properly may also be down to what we could spend on the replacement under the cap
But everyone else apart from Salarycens had the same cap. Sorry, I don't see why we should feel hard done by, portray Tigers as victims or Exeter as villains. :smt017

With all 3 of those players, I'm sure Tigers could have offered them enough money to stay and sacrificed someone else instead. That's something all clubs apart from Salarycens have had to do every season, and clearly Tigers have been quite poor at it for some years - although the signs are that we are very much improving on that.
Presumably it was acceptable for Tigers to sign Parling, Flood, Young, Brookes from Newcastle over a four year period?
The Chiefs love in here is a joke.
I long suspected that one poster in particular was a Chiefs fan posing as a Leicester fan!
For all the complaints about cheating I haven't heard a peep from you lot about those around the league once banned for steroid use!
Last edited by BFG on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

BFG wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:20 pm

I long suspected that one poster in particular was a Chiefs fan posing as a Leicester fan!
For all the complaints about cheating I haven't heard a peep from you lot about those around the league once banned for steroid use!
Sorry BFG, I must have missed something. Which premiership players have been banned for steroid abuse? I recall some Bath ? players banned for cocaine use, and Johnson at Wasps, being banned or not for eating weight loss pills, but I don’t recall any premiership players banned for steroids. I totally agree these guys are cheats.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Possibly because the thread is about Saracens being relegated for financial mismanagement and cheating of the cap. I'm not entirely sure this is a love in - it's more a counter argument to your rhetoric that Exeter are at the source of Tigers decline for signing three players from us (which is, frankly, laughable)

If you want to discuss steroid abuse as a topic then start a thread about it. I'm sure there will be plenty who will be happy to pass comment.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

teds wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:32 pm
Sorry BFG, I must have missed something. Which premiership players have been banned for steroid abuse? I recall some Bath ? players banned for cocaine use, and Johnson at Wasps, being banned or not for eating weight loss pills, but I don’t recall any premiership players banned for steroids. I totally agree these guys are cheats.
Those on their high horses regarding cheating the cap were actually wanting them to win today and knock Sarries out if Europe!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Just read an article saying that Delia Smith is in talks to buy Saracens.... she seems well suited as she's got a lot of experience with cooking books!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:33 pm
Possibly because the thread is about Saracens being relegated for financial mismanagement and cheating of the cap. I'm not entirely sure this is a love in - it's more a counter argument to your rhetoric that Exeter are at the source of Tigers decline for signing three players from us (which is, frankly, laughable)

If you want to discuss steroid abuse as a topic then start a thread about it. I'm sure there will be plenty who will be happy to pass comment.
Exeter taking three of Leicester's best forwards damaged Leicester, in my opinion.
You don't have to agree with it and I don't care!
You build a good team and give players a platform and then someone comes along who can offer a bit more and it's all undone.
It's dog eat dog and it was terrible timing for Leicester.
The cap is a national leveller but it's also an international hindrance, that Sarries have broken the cap and done very well in Europe is proof of this.
I don't dispute that Baxter has done well at Exeter but be in no doubt that they unsettled Leicester in the past and they have become the club that has replaced Leicester as a regular play off contender.
Sarries have rightly been called cheats on this topic and so anything cheating related is relevant to the discussion in my opinion.
I have no doubt that there are Chiefs fans present in this topic.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:19 pm Just read an article saying that Delia Smith is in talks to buy Saracens.... she seems well suited as she's got a lot of experience with cooking books!
:smt023 :smt044 :smt044
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

BFG wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:28 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Exeter taking three of Leicester's best forwards damaged Leicester, in my opinion.
You don't have to agree with it and I don't care!
You build a good team and give players a platform and then someone comes along who can offer a bit more and it's all undone.
It's dog eat dog and it was terrible timing for Leicester.
The cap is a national leveller but it's also an international hindrance, that Sarries have broken the cap and done very well in Europe is proof of this.
I don't dispute that Baxter has done well at Exeter but be in no doubt that they unsettled Leicester in the past and they have become the club that has replaced Leicester as a regular play off contender.
Sarries have rightly been called cheats on this topic and so anything cheating related is relevant to the discussion in my opinion.
I have no doubt that there are Chiefs fans present in this topic.
"Behind you......"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Chiefs are my family team, I'm the odd one out. There are qualifications on the part myth about the 3 forwards concerned, just make the point TTTE was initially not a fans favourite, indeed was close to ejection, until there was an assertion of coach power; he remained a bit of a curate's egg for many Chiefs fans as seen as a poacher rather than a grafter. Players have to buy into the 'no superstars', 'no egos' philosophy.
I find it difficult to see how anyone could want to play Saracens now.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:41 pm The other clubs gave them the choice of automatic relegation or the forensic investigation of their accounts.

They chose relegation.
This to me seems the big story. What exactly did Great Aunt Edna see in the woodshed, that she would never talk about?