LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Locked
Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by Robespierre » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:15 am

RagingBull wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:56 am
https://rugbyonslaught.com/english-qual ... 4cldFrsfpA
[/quote)

Impressive! let's see which Premiership side will sign him. Maybe Sale?
Semper in excreta

happywomble
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by happywomble » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:34 am

Robespierre wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:15 am
RagingBull wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:56 am
https://rugbyonslaught.com/english-qual ... 4cldFrsfpA
[/quote)

Impressive! let's see which Premiership side will sign him. Maybe Sale?
Curious that this is on Leicester Tigers transfer thread and not the non-Tigers one. Maybe a hint?...

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3856
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by strawclearer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:20 am

Well spotted!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Stay Home>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7746
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by RagingBull » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:24 am

McPhillips May potentially only be on a 1 year deal to cover Ford.

Who knows.

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3470
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by Mark62 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:27 am

RagingBull wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:24 am
McPhillips May potentially only be on a 1 year deal to cover Ford.

Who knows.
I think someone may be dropping some hints.
Certainly Mcphillips hasn’t stepped up like some of us had hoped

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3856
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by strawclearer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 am

Jake Kerr - not in the Scotland squad and hardly figuring for us. Am I missing something?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Stay Home>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4972
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by JP14 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Good acquisition and reasonably priced as well, early signs of recruitment looking good for next season. Does this signify that the coaching staff see Hardwick as more of a 12 now?
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4972
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by JP14 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:15 pm

I too had hoped that Spencer would push onto England honours whilst here and hasn’t been helped by injury, I personally think that with the addition of Lavanini he will play better once returned to full fitness.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3856
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by strawclearer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:22 pm

JP14 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:15 pm
I too had hoped that Spencer would push onto England honours whilst here and hasn’t been helped by injury, I personally think that with the addition of Lavanini he will play better once returned to full fitness.
He told me a while ago that he was very excited about establishing a really strong lock pairing with Lavanini.

I would suggest that time is running out for him to do so.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Stay Home>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4972
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by JP14 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Unfortunately so.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1211
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by CitizenSmiff » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 am
Jake Kerr - not in the Scotland squad and hardly figuring for us. Am I missing something?
I was going to start a separate topic about this, it really is a mystery. He had a couple of rough games but then so has the whole of the rest of the squad, unless he's injured he's far too promising a young player to be frozen out.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3856
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by strawclearer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:28 pm

CitizenSmiff wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 am
Jake Kerr - not in the Scotland squad and hardly figuring for us. Am I missing something?
I was going to start a separate topic about this, it really is a mystery. He had a couple of rough games but then so has the whole of the rest of the squad, unless he's injured he's far too promising a young player to be frozen out.
Perversely - I'm hoping he's injured! With OTY and Taf both 'time limited' we need young Kerr.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Stay Home>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

Scuttle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by Scuttle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:38 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:28 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 am
Jake Kerr - not in the Scotland squad and hardly figuring for us. Am I missing something?
I was going to start a separate topic about this, it really is a mystery. He had a couple of rough games but then so has the whole of the rest of the squad, unless he's injured he's far too promising a young player to be frozen out.
Perversely - I'm hoping he's injured! With OTY and Taf both 'time limited' we need young Kerr.
He was one of the "support crew" during the warm up on Sunday helping with lineout practice etc
As Good As It Gets

ABClub
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by ABClub » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Kerr missing the Scotland squad isn't a massive surprise. McInally and Brown are very strong players, then George Turner has usually been picked ahead of Jake when fit. Having seen a lot of Turner in Scotland I'd say he's a similar talent to Kerr with different strengths and weaknesses. Turner is stronger in the loose, particularly the tackle, but not as good in the tight in my opinion.

Kerr played for the A-team against Wasps on the 30th December. So he was fit then. It will be interesting to see if he features against Worcester Cavaliers (yes I know that name...) on the 20th Jan.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3856
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by strawclearer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:53 pm

ABClub wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:42 pm
Kerr missing the Scotland squad isn't a massive surprise. McInally and Brown are very strong players, then George Turner has usually been picked ahead of Jake when fit. Having seen a lot of Turner in Scotland I'd say he's a similar talent to Kerr with different strengths and weaknesses. Turner is stronger in the loose, particularly the tackle, but not as good in the tight in my opinion.

Kerr played for the A-team against Wasps on the 30th December. So he was fit then. It will be interesting to see if he features against Worcester Cavaliers (yes I know that name...) on the 20th Jan.
Well - I'm sure Deacs and Boris know best but I'd rather see Kerr on the bench and start with either OTY or Taf.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Stay Home>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests