Johnny May

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Johnny May

Post by RagingBull »

if I was after a May replacement I would suggest offering Radwan at least twice the money he is on at falcons.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:40 pm Interesting that Malouf might be free next season.
Interesting perhaps ; not enough to go backwards (imho).
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'd take Malouf as a replacement for Thompstone, if Thompstone is leaving this summer?
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

TV is invaluable to us: look at the improvement in our back play, defence and kick chase when he plays.
I think we should do everything possible to keep Johnny May as, not only is he a great bloke but World Class finisher who will help players like Olowofela to keep on improving!
As Sam Harrison has now left there must be some room in next season’s salary cap to improve Johnny May’s salary. Sarries are apparently interested in him but, as the BBC has reported today, they have to adjust their squad and salaries.
Jonah Holmes must also be kept.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:17 pm if I was after a May replacement I would suggest offering Radwan at least twice the money he is on at falcons.
Radwan in my opinion is a better talent that Kibirige (also an exciting player of course) and the latter is doing well at Wasps now he's getting chances.

I'd be interested in Dean Adamson at Bedford as well. His try scoring record in the Championship is fantastic. Holmes has been an excellent signing made largely on the same basis.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ian Cant wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:00 pm As Sam Harrison has now left there must be some room in next season’s salary cap to improve Johnny May’s salary. Sarries are apparently interested in him but, as the BBC has reported today, they have to adjust their squad and salaries.
Jonah Holmes must also be kept.
Believe that Sam was only contracted for a half season so there is nothing freed up for this season or any significant amount for next season.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Daily Mail had Williams on £230000 for Sarries. Can't imagine May would be able to attract much more than that, if anything Williams is the more complete player.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:52 am Daily Mail had Williams on £230000 for Sarries. Can't imagine May would be able to attract much more than that, if anything Williams is the more complete player.
May is the better winger and will finish more try scoring opportunities. He's a bit of a luxury player but one you'd want when competing for trophies.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:52 am Daily Mail had Williams on £230000 for Sarries. Can't imagine May would be able to attract much more than that, if anything Williams is the more complete player.
Seems on the low side to me. Sure I read he was off back to wales on a £500k contract, so who knows what to believe
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Williams a player than May !!!!!????
Dream on.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

fortysix wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:02 am Williams a player than May !!!!!????
Dream on.
It's not that controversial an opinion, I'd still take May myself but there's no arguing Williams is a class player. He's custom built for the modern territory kicking game.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I think what’s meant is that Williams can play test rugby at either fullback or on the wing, whereas May is really an out and out winger.
Maybe all round player would be a better choice of words
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

If it comes down to only being able to keep either Ben Youngs or Jonny May who would you choose?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

AndyM wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 pm If it comes down to only being able to keep either Ben Youngs or Jonny May who would you choose?
May, and see if we can pick Brad Weber up on the cheap
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

AndyM wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 pm If it comes down to only being able to keep either Ben Youngs or Jonny May who would you choose?
May. 30 tries in 44 games is absolutely invaluable.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.