Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: New way of supporting Matt

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:09 pm
Grimlish wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:32 pm So, good that he has been nominated, not so that it hasn't led to an award (yet). Perhaps a constituent on here could get on the case with Sir Alan's successor (if that's how it really works)?
I'm not sure "works" is entirely the right word. I emailed and wrote to Dippy Duncan - didn't even get an acknowledgment.

I think Shaun Gibson sent in nomination papers some time ago.
I believe too that Tigers should follow Exeters example and use the £350,000 Saracens fine for charitable causes and Matt's foundation should be the first call, Exeter has a "Exeter Chiefs Foundation" presumably Tigers could use that route too.
It is a long battle to get New Year Honours and you need a strong promoter, who is this Shaun Gibson?? He is not on the board or in Government, you might as well use Prince Andrew!! But we need to get MH recognised so start the campaign now for NY 2021. :smt023
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:46 am
Grimlish wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:32 pm So, good that he has been nominated, not so that it hasn't led to an award (yet). Perhaps a constituent on here could get on the case with Sir Alan's successor (if that's how it really works)?
I'm not sure "works" is entirely the right word. I emailed and wrote to Dippy Duncan - didn't even get an acknowledgment.

I believe too that Tigers should follow Exeters example and use the £350,000 Saracens fine for charitable causes and Matt's foundation should be the first call, Exeter has a "Exeter Chiefs Foundation" presumably Tigers could use that route too.
It is a long battle to get New Year Honours and you need a strong promoter, who is this Shaun Gibson?? He is not on the board or in Government, you might as well use Prince Andrew!! But we need to get MH recognised so start the campaign now for NY 2021. :smt023
Shaun is obsessive about Leicester Tigers and was the 2015/2016 Tigers fan of the year. Look for a man in a Tigers' blazer at virtually every game!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

All in favour of the advertising space being donated to Matt.

The Sarries fine is probably needed elsewhere to secure the clubs finances, regretfully!
Valhalla I am coming!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

CJ wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:08 am Just a thought - instead of what looks like desperation on the cover of the lap tops the team coaches use (‚your brand name here‘ or whatever it says) and get seen on TV, why don‘t we use the Matt Hampson web site address? Surely we are a big enough club (OK, fallen on hard times on the pitch) that we could be a bit like Barcelona FC and not just go for the money but be somewhat more altruistic.

And another thing - why hasn‘t Matt got at least an MBE? To my way of thinking he deserves a knighthood, not just a minor gong.
its easy to be more altruistic when Nike are paying you nearly £150m a year to provide your kits, of and Barca allowed themselves to be sponsored by Qatar
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:24 pm

Shaun is obsessive about Leicester Tigers and was the 2015/2016 Tigers fan of the year. Look for a man in a Tigers' blazer at virtually every game!
Thanks for that Strawclearer I will lookout for him! However to start a campaign for Matt we need several big names not an obsessive. We need Martin Johnson,Lord Digby, Sir Clive Woodward, Eddie Jones, Cockers, Ben Kay & Healey with support from BT Sport + Flatman & C5 etc to spread the word and get the show on the road, not for a man that might be mistaken for an ice cream seller - sorry!
The time to start is now for Decembers selection. :smt023
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:06 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:24 pm
Thanks for that Strawclearer I will lookout for him! However to start a campaign for Matt we need several big names not an obsessive. We need Martin Johnson,Lord Digby, Sir Clive Woodward, Eddie Jones, Cockers, Ben Kay & Healey with support from BT Sport + Flatman & C5 etc to spread the word and get the show on the road, not for a man that might be mistaken for an ice cream seller - sorry!
The time to start is now for Decembers selection. :smt023
To describe Shaun as obsessive does not do him the he deserves. He is passionate about Tigers and cares greatly about the club and represents the supporters as a member of the fans forum. A true gent and attends most Tigers games, home and away.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Message from Shaun:
I've sent a nomination every year for at least 6 years.
Started a facd book group Started a petition twice.
Nobody joins either.Less than 800 joined each even when I shared it on Facebook & Twitter tagging in players,charities & anyone I could think of.
I've got the ex lord Leightenant of Leicestershire & the new one.
Also the Chief constable is on board.
Also Tommy Causton of the Hambo foundation.
Simon Cohen told me the wheels are moving on this.
Tommy confirmed it too.
Maybe you could let them on the forum know that I've done this.
It takes weeks every year for me to do this but I feel he desperately deserves something.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:31 pm Message from Shaun:
I've sent a nomination every year for at least 6 years.
Started a facd book group Started a petition twice.
Nobody joins either.Less than 800 joined each even when I shared it on Facebook & Twitter tagging in players,charities & anyone I could think of.
I've got the ex lord Leightenant of Leicestershire & the new one.
Also the Chief constable is on board.
Also Tommy Causton of the Hambo foundation.
Simon Cohen told me the wheels are moving on this.
Tommy confirmed it too.
Maybe you could let them on the forum know that I've done this.
It takes weeks every year for me to do this but I feel he desperately deserves something.
Thanks for posting Tb. I asked Shaun to let me/us have the details so that we can see where we can help. We should all do all we can!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives