Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by speedski »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:59 pm
Smudge wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:52 pm It will be a ploy to get round the sanctions for this year's excesses.
lower than a snake's belly.
He should have been banned from all association with the sport, his club relegated to London North Div 2
The man is a cheat, pure and simple.
How do you know there are "excesses" this year?

How would him standing down as chairman get around any sanctions?
Tell us what they have publicly declared has changed? Without any evidence of compliance one can only assume that the offense is still being committed, maybe just a different way.

You're not telling me they just 'stopped' paying the players that part of their contract are you? (and I don't buy the players saying they knew nothing of the problem - they are completely complicit, either directly or via the agent who negotiated the deal and got the proportional kickback).

The bigger question I have is who will sue first - the team that potentially lost out on lucrative premiership wins or the team at the end of this season that finds themselves in the champs and with a massive lost of fan base and revenue (because despite all else, if we go down it will significantly impact our club). It could be tigers rolling out the lawyers at this rate....most likely we'll know that by end of play Saturday.
nasher

Post by nasher »

The canker continues because Premiership Rugby and co have been soft. Wray has brought such a stink it will take ten years to clear the smell. Saracens should have been banned no less
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

speedski wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:17 pm
Smudge wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:52 pm It will be a ploy to get round the sanctions for this year's excesses.
lower than a snake's belly.
He should have been banned from all association with the sport, his club relegated to London North Div 2
The man is a cheat, pure and simple.

Tell us what they have publicly declared has changed? Without any evidence of compliance one can only assume that the offense is still being committed, maybe just a different way.

You're not telling me they just 'stopped' paying the players that part of their contract are you? (and I don't buy the players saying they knew nothing of the problem - they are completely complicit, either directly or via the agent who negotiated the deal and got the proportional kickback).

The bigger question I have is who will sue first - the team that potentially lost out on lucrative premiership wins or the team at the end of this season that finds themselves in the champs and with a massive lost of fan base and revenue (because despite all else, if we go down it will significantly impact our club). It could be tigers rolling out the lawyers at this rate....most likely we'll know that by end of play Saturday.
The investments weren't part of the players' contracts. That's one of the reasons why they thought they could get away with it. So, yes, they just won't make any investments in players' companies this year.

Understand it yet?
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:06 pm

The investments weren't part of the players' contracts. That's one of the reasons why they thought they could get away with it. So, yes, they just won't make any investments in players' companies this year.

Understand it yet?
Yeah it wasn't part of their 'contract' but it was part of their deal. So yes, my wording was wrong, but the principle remains.

No one will accept a drop of that nature - it wasnt a bonus scheme on results, it was a package deal. Can't tell me the players are just going to 'accept' that.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Some posters on are not bitter😱, get over it, they have been caught, paid the price and hopefully moving on, so should everyone else. What would happen if we were caught manipulating the cap, would that be ok?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

speedski wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:50 pm
Tiglon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Understand it yet?
Yeah it wasn't part of their 'contract' but it was part of their deal. So yes, my wording was wrong, but the principle remains.

No one will accept a drop of that nature - it wasnt a bonus scheme on results, it was a package deal. Can't tell me the players are just going to 'accept' that.
I can tell you whatever I like. Yes, they are going to accept it. How do you even know they were going to be given investments this year anyway? You don't.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

And neither do you.

And given my last reply had the last line removed by 'someone' I will just leave it at that.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I thought I heard it today that Mike Rhodes had left the club with immediate effect. Desperately fast Cost cutting?????? :smt017
Did no one else hear this?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

And here begins the revision of history by Saracens:

The day Wray was forced out by the heinous cheats at Exeter. It’s all Exeter’s fault and always will be.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

At least the Exeter Cheats are only cheats on the rugby field.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I think (know) the main concern is that the players who received "investments" as supplements to their salaries still have those investments - therefore they should still be counted against them in terms of salary. So, if player A receives a house, it's not a one off - its a continuing asset that he has received and therefore should be counted in each season he is still a player....

Some players bought a lot of properties and therefore will be receiving either rent or will have sold and this too, should count against them.

Whether they (the activists who are asking for this season to be reviewed mid season) can make it stick is another matter
Less is more....
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Saracens were found guilty of administrative errors and not for breaching the salary cap (fact). Wray was a huge asset to rugby despite what the haters on here say who grind their axes daily over other clubs misdemeanours. He also helped so many people and not just players in investments for their better futures, as we'll as contribute vast sums to many charities along the way.

Sarries got found out, they got punished, get over it and move on.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Totally agree with DingDong, get over it and move on, Nigel Wray is a top rugby man who has helped and supported many rugby players and charities.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

I’ve heard several people talk about the “innovations” and “everything” Wray has done for the game.
At risk of starting a pythonesque romans sketch, can someone suggest what Wray has ever done for rugby?
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

What has Wray done for rugby.
Financed Saracens through the good and bad times.
Built an academy that has supplied lots of players for England.
Supported charities connected not only with Saracens but many others not connected to Saracens.
Player welfare has always been top of his list and has always cared for the Saracens players.
Apart from that not much.
Silly question.