Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by G.K »

Just been announced on the news...
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by G.K »

Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Will this make any difference? Not too sure...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

They havent got rid of anybody which begs the 64000$ question.......
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

fortysix wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:30 pm They havent got rid of anybody which begs the 64000$ question.......
They. Don't. Need. To.

They just wont be able to invest in players' companies this year.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:43 pm
fortysix wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:30 pm They havent got rid of anybody which begs the 64000$ question.......
They. Don't. Need. To.

Now that Wray is no longer on the Board of Saracens then is there nothing stopping him as an individual in jointly investing in the players companies? Saracens will find a loophole.
Could Wray be departing ahead of another discovery of the salary cap breach? :smt018
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

wormus wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:08 pm
Tiglon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:43 pm
They. Don't. Need. To.

Now that Wray is no longer on the Board of Saracens then is there nothing stopping him as an individual in jointly investing in the players companies? Saracens will find a loophole.
Could Wray be departing ahead of another discovery of the salary cap breach? :smt018
Still the owner. Read the regulations. Salary cap includes payments made by a third party or connected party. Wray is still the owner. Therefore he is a connected party. Not a loophole.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I note the speculation by Wormus and think he may have a point. The Wray family not the individual Nigel is continuing to support the club financially. I am currently reading the Biography of Eddie Jones ( a Christmas present) I have just got past the bit where he says he left his coaching role at Saracens to coach Suntory in Japan because he could not work for a CEO he did not trust, Eddie Griffiths who had just been installed at Sarries,. Begs the question as to why that man is returning!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:19 pm I note the speculation by Wormus and think he may have a point. The Wray family not the individual Nigel is continuing to support the club financially. I am currently reading the Biography of Eddie Jones ( a Christmas present) I have just got past the bit where he says he left his coaching role at Saracens to coach Suntory in Japan because he could not work for a CEO he did not trust, Eddie Griffiths who had just been installed at Sarries,. Begs the question as to why that man is returning!
The family of the owner are still connected parties. "No your honour, I didnt make a payment to that employee of the company I own, it was my mum". Good luck with that.

Most wealthy businessmen of a certain age put some of the ownership of their companies into their family members' names. Much of Wray's wealth will be, on paper, his family's wealth. It makes no difference in this situation.

So if Eddie Jones doesn't trust someone, that person should never be employed again? The question that you beg is answered by the reality that Jones' opinion of people isn't the only opinion in the world, and is an entirely irrelevant opinion to Saracens...
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

It will be a ploy to get round the sanctions for this year's excesses.
lower than a snake's belly.
He should have been banned from all association with the sport, his club relegated to London North Div 2
The man is a cheat, pure and simple.
A life long Tiger
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Smudge wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:52 pm It will be a ploy to get round the sanctions for this year's excesses.
lower than a snake's belly.
He should have been banned from all association with the sport, his club relegated to London North Div 2
The man is a cheat, pure and simple.
How do you know there are "excesses" this year?

How would him standing down as chairman get around any sanctions?
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Can't say I'm sorry to see the old crook go. If it's portentous of him facing any sort of personal hardship as the result of his larceny then that would be great too.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:19 pm I note the speculation by Wormus and think he may have a point. The Wray family not the individual Nigel is continuing to support the club financially. I am currently reading the Biography of Eddie Jones ( a Christmas present) I have just got past the bit where he says he left his coaching role at Saracens to coach Suntory in Japan because he could not work for a CEO he did not trust, Eddie Griffiths who had just been installed at Sarries,. Begs the question as to why that man is returning!
The very worst news is that the loathsome Edward Griffiths is coming back
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Word from Chiefs end (via sister and her mates) is that Rowe STILL thinks Sarries are cheating, and he knows a lot of the cheating wrinkles himself :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Public Relations Exercise.

The waters here are still very muddy.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....