Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens Cap Investigation / Grounds for Appeal

Post by Cagey Tiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:35 pm -18 now. They'll only need 5 more games to overtake us.
Could even be 4.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:40 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:35 pm -18 now. They'll only need 5 more games to overtake us.
Could even be 4.
the most they could get in 4 games is 20 points that would put them on 2 points we have 4
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

So the punishment wasn't, in the end. I'm with Tony Rowe on this, probably the only thing I'd agree with him on. The Chiefs fans in part appear to be livid too, conversations of sibs with others and overheard - it has been the talk of the season there apparently.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:43 pm
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:40 pm
Could even be 4.
the most they could get in 4 games is 20 points that would put them on 2 points we have 4
My poor maths. Oops,
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Bumping this up as just read that PRL have appointed ex government minister Lord Myners to hold an independent review into salary cap regulations. They are also in active dialogue with Saracens about additional measures to ensure their compliance this season.

From the Daily Mail website
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:38 pm Bumping this up as just read that PRL have appointed ex government minister Lord Myners to hold an independent review into salary cap regulations. They are also in active dialogue with Saracens about additional measures to ensure their compliance this season.

Interesting choice, and let’s face it a difficult job.

Although Saracens appear to be the worst offender, they are surely not the only club that has sailed close to the wind. I would also like to see a tighter definition of “academy graduate” , and some clarification over what is permitted in terms of preparing players for life after rugby.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Strikes me that this is just a diversion to silence the call for an investigation to determine if Saracens are currently still operating with in the cap this season. Saracens must be delighted as they will not be investigated and the new salary cap investigation will not conclude until next autumn.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

teds wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:49 am
Mark62 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:38 pm Bumping this up as just read that PRL have appointed ex government minister Lord Myners to hold an independent review into salary cap regulations. They are also in active dialogue with Saracens about additional measures to ensure their compliance this season.

Interesting choice, and let’s face it a difficult job.

Although Saracens appear to be the worst offender, they are surely not the only club that has sailed close to the wind. I would also like to see a tighter definition of “academy graduate” , and some clarification over what is permitted in terms of preparing players for life after rugby.
My hunch is that the PRL may not have sent Bruce Craig Christmas Greetings.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

sapajo wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:01 am Strikes me that this is just a diversion to silence the call for an investigation to determine if Saracens are currently still operating with in the cap this season. Saracens must be delighted as they will not be investigated and the new salary cap investigation will not conclude until next autumn.
Genuine question, I'm puzzled as to how you have come to this conclusion?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sapajo wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:01 am Strikes me that this is just a diversion to silence the call for an investigation to determine if Saracens are currently still operating with in the cap this season. Saracens must be delighted as they will not be investigated and the new salary cap investigation will not conclude until next autumn.
But the article states that PRL are in active discussions with Saracens so your comment makes no sense at all
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Apparently Wray is now stepping down.....

Link here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union ... ampaign=64
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Does this mean that as Wray is no longer on the board or has nothing to link him to the club he can continue to "give" donations to players as a gift and therefore not part of the Sarries cap??? The statement includes the promise that the Wray family will continue to support the club financially.
Hehehehehehehehe
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:07 am Does this mean that as Wray is no longer on the board or has nothing to link him to the club he can continue to "give" donations to players as a gift and therefore not part of the Sarries cap??? The statement includes the promise that the Wray family will continue to support the club financially.
Sounds to me as if the lid is coming of the can of worms!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:07 am Does this mean that as Wray is no longer on the board or has nothing to link him to the club he can continue to "give" donations to players as a gift and therefore not part of the Sarries cap??? The statement includes the promise that the Wray family will continue to support the club financially.
You would hope it wouldn't be that simple. He's still the owner so I doubt it makes any difference.

I do wonder how long before he loses interest and sells up once he has no involvement in running the club.

Perhaps a big part of the enjoyment for him was going to other clubs, being seen as important and generally taking the kudos attached to running such a successful club. That's disappeared now he and they have been labelled cheats, so what's the attraction of staying involved now? And, if not involved, why continue to lose millions for it?
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Wray has brought shame to not just his own club, but the entire sport. To use his own words, he's, "Pulled the rug out," from under all of us.

That he should retire with immediate effect without even referencing the years of cheating he was at the centre of shows his true character.