New way of supporting Matt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

New way of supporting Matt

Post by trendylfj »

bought a cornet mute on Amazon and been offered the chance to have 0.5% of my purchase sent to a charity - so chose Matt - not seen that before so thought I would share it. If it is old - so am I so please forgive me.
Hehehehehehehehe
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: New way of supporting Matt

Post by voice of the crumbie »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:45 am bought a cornet mute on Amazon and been offered the chance to have 0.5% of my purchase sent to a charity - so chose Matt - not seen that before so thought I would share it. If it is old - so am I so please forgive me.
Thanks Trendy. I'll look out for this in future on Amazon.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:07 am
trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:45 am bought a cornet mute on Amazon and been offered the chance to have 0.5% of my purchase sent to a charity - so chose Matt - not seen that before so thought I would share it. If it is old - so am I so please forgive me.
Thanks Trendy. I'll look out for this in future on Amazon.
:smt041
Hehehehehehehehe
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Just a thought - instead of what looks like desperation on the cover of the lap tops the team coaches use (‚your brand name here‘ or whatever it says) and get seen on TV, why don‘t we use the Matt Hampson web site address? Surely we are a big enough club (OK, fallen on hard times on the pitch) that we could be a bit like Barcelona FC and not just go for the money but be somewhat more altruistic.

And another thing - why hasn‘t Matt got at least an MBE? To my way of thinking he deserves a knighthood, not just a minor gong.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

CJ wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:08 am Just a thought - instead of what looks like desperation on the cover of the lap tops the team coaches use (‚your brand name here‘ or whatever it says) and get seen on TV, why don‘t we use the Matt Hampson web site address? Surely we are a big enough club (OK, fallen on hard times on the pitch) that we could be a bit like Barcelona FC and not just go for the money but be somewhat more altruistic.

And another thing - why hasn‘t Matt got at least an MBE? To my way of thinking he deserves a knighthood, not just a minor gong.
Because he's a) not rich, b) not chums with whichever political party is in power (Nicky Morgan in the house of Lords and a knighthood for Duncan Smith - way to reward incompetence) c) no rich friends to put his name forward d) no media advantage in awarding it to him.

Sadly the Honours list does not represent the best of Britain as it should.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It’s a shame Mike Tindall can’t put a word in, and I’m pretty sure Matt has met Prince Harry too?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:36 am
CJ wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:08 am Just a thought - instead of what looks like desperation on the cover of the lap tops the team coaches use (‚your brand name here‘ or whatever it says) and get seen on TV, why don‘t we use the Matt Hampson web site address? Surely we are a big enough club (OK, fallen on hard times on the pitch) that we could be a bit like Barcelona FC and not just go for the money but be somewhat more altruistic.

Because he's a) not rich, b) not chums with whichever political party is in power (Nicky Morgan in the house of Lords and a knighthood for Duncan Smith - way to reward incompetence) c) no rich friends to put his name forward d) no media advantage in awarding it to him.

Sadly the Honours list does not represent the best of Britain as it should.
Sadly true. MH and indeed almost all the population more worthy of recognition than IDS. MH has done so much good despite his physical difficulties and helped so many; the other person mentioned...….. :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Has anyone on here, at the club or among those who know the work of the foundation nominated him though? For all I agree about recent political awards there is increasing scope for direct nominations. Here:- https://www.gov.uk/honours
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Grimlish wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:10 am Has anyone on here, at the club or among those who know the work of the foundation nominated him though? For all I agree about recent political awards there is increasing scope for direct nominations. Here:- https://www.gov.uk/honours
Yes - he's been nominated and I recall invitations to support the nomination were promulgated. Emails have also been sent to Buck House and to the two Princes as well as to the local MP, Sir Alan Duncan.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

So, good that he has been nominated, not so that it hasn't led to an award (yet). Perhaps a constituent on here could get on the case with Sir Alan's successor (if that's how it really works)?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Grimlish wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:32 pm So, good that he has been nominated, not so that it hasn't led to an award (yet). Perhaps a constituent on here could get on the case with Sir Alan's successor (if that's how it really works)?
I'm not sure "works" is entirely the right word. I emailed and wrote to Dippy Duncan - didn't even get an acknowledgment.

I think Shaun Gibson sent in nomination papers some time ago.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Shame the club won’t officially back any recommendation for royal recognition of Matt’s work.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:19 pm Shame the club won’t officially back any recommendation for royal recognition of Matt’s work.
Not sure that’s how it works, and if it does how do you know they haven’t
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Well they haven’t said anything of the sort. If they have commended why has it not been mentioned, in programmes or even in forum meetings?
Rozza
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rozza »

Maybe Matt has been offered an honour but turned it down.