Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Board of Director changes

Post by RagingBull »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ch ... -directors

Leicester Tigers announces today that Lord Digby Jones and Terry Gateley are stepping down from the Board of directors at the end of the year.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Board of Director changes

Post by ay2oh »

Does this mean that there might be some additional board members coming in as a part of the sale of the club ? :smt001
A2O
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Aren’t they the type of experienced but independent board members a new owner would want to stay, whilst those associated with current ownership would step down after the sale?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Thank you to them for their contribution over the years, I'm sure it has been very useful.

Still, all I get from that article is an increasing sense of a club run by committees full of people making themselves feel important. Not a dig at anyone personally, just not in my opinion the best way to run an organisation.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Love it !!

Obviously the pair decided to do a runner before the poo really starts flying !!

Oh well, lets hope that Xmas serves up 3 victories and a wealthy saviour..

No one expected the result..
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:57 am https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ch ... -directors

Leicester Tigers announces today that Lord Digby Jones and Terry Gateley are stepping down from the Board of directors at the end of the year.
The UK wouldn't miss Digby Jones.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I had no idea Digby Jones was on our board, the man's a public menace!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:49 am I had no idea Digby Jones was on our board, the man's a public menace!
:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:57 am https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ch ... -directors

Could it be the rats leaving a sinking ship? All the signs are there judging by what everyone on here is saying!
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Rather than making the sale of the Club more difficult, offloading such a puffed up and outspoken individual as Lord Digby Jones* will make the sale of the club more straightforward I would have thought.

(*He is also pretentious, on Twitter styling himself as if he's an Earl - Digby, Lord Jones - which he most certainly isn't.)

I cannot comment on Mr Gately, because to us fans he's been pretty anonymous.

I think both came in 12/14 years ago as mates of the Chairman and/or CEO. Perhaps they have done good things, we don't really know.

I'd hope for more visible Directors in future, with a commitment to spending time sitting, or even standing with the grass roots fans, rather than the plush Hostility armchairs.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

JWM wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:43 pm Rather than making the sale of the Club more difficult, offloading such a puffed up and outspoken individual as Lord Digby Jones* will make the sale of the club more straightforward I would have thought.

(*He is also pretentious, on Twitter styling himself as if he's an Earl - Digby, Lord Jones - which he most certainly isn't.)

I cannot comment on Mr Gately, because to us fans he's been pretty anonymous.

I think both came in 12/14 years ago as mates of the Chairman and/or CEO. Perhaps they have done good things, we don't really know.

I'd hope for more visible Directors in future, with a commitment to spending time sitting, or even standing with the grass roots fans, rather than the plush Hostility armchairs.
Plush Hostility Armchairs, that's a new one on me!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Ditto - re Digby - I was not impressed with his reply to my question re salary cap as it related to Tigers. - he was most arrogant whilst refusing to allow SC to answer my direct question - good ridance
Hehehehehehehehe
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

He had a seat on the board of a company I worked for. Company went bust (sorry sold off with redundancies, statutory minimum of course)
I'm not cynical just experienced
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

.. this could probably be the precursor to the sale of the club!!
The probability is that prior to taking the reigns the new owners have insisted that there was no need for their presence on the new board.!
happywomble

BoD Changes

Post by happywomble »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/le ... -directors

Digby Jones has gone. Petar Cvetkovic has replaced him as a non-executive director.

As a result of the appointment, the Club’s non-executive directors will comprise: Petar Cvetkovic, David Abell, Peter Aldis, Ben Kay MBE, Tom Scott and Rory Underwood MBE.