Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Calvisano v Tigers - return fixture next week

Post by JP14 »

A win is a win.

The ref was pretty dire in my opinion, no communication and just penalised Thompson instead of telling him to release, then both him and Taufua made about three turnovers but the ref told them to release.

Bateman should never been yellow carded either as the Italians had collapsed the mauls themselves.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Like watching paint dry. Italians were determined to slow everything down and the ref let them.
A scratch back line was going to be difficult anyway without losing Reid so early.
Game plan was obviously to kick, even Vieanu kicked it 3 times.

Positives were Lavanini before the yellow, and good to see Taufua and Spencer return from injury. Lady Gaga put in a decent shift too
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The Cardiff away win was dire too. But 4/4 in Europe not too much to argue about that.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

That game has :censored: me off so much.

Shocking.
Might as well have not played with wingers.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:29 pm A win is a win.

The ref was pretty dire in my opinion, no communication and just penalised Thompson instead of telling him to release, then both him and Taufua made about three turnovers but the ref told them to release.

Bateman should never been yellow carded either as the Italians had collapsed the mauls themselves.
Agree about the ref.. and their player was clearly holding on to the ball on the ground right in front of the posts in the build up to Leatigaga’s try but the ref does nothing! The ref should have seen it.. I mean, not even White’s delivery is that slow!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:31 pm The Cardiff away win was dire too. But 4/4 in Europe not too much to argue about that.
Cardiff away was the right gameplan, one of the few times we got the gameplan right IMO.
This wasn't at all.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:32 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:29 pm A win is a win.

Agree about the ref.. and their player was clearly holding on to the ball on the ground right in front of the posts in the build up to Leatigaga’s try but the ref does nothing! The ref should have seen it.. I mean, not even White’s delivery is that slow!
White's delivery was faster than Harrisons
FredKite

Post by FredKite »

Just glad I didn’t pay to watch that, pretty dire.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I think even the most biased of us can accept that the referee was not the problem today for Tigers - if anything I thought Tigers got away with a few things as well. Pretty awful performance, lucky to win to be honest.

Yes, top of the group and 4 out of 4, but how bad would we have had to be to not have won those games?!

I'm going to try to forget it ever happened and hope that the players show what they're capable of against Exeter.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:32 pm That game has :censored: me off so much.

Shocking.
Might as well have not played with wingers.
And yet they scored 2 of the 3 tries. Agree with your general point though
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Let’s just remember how many kept/keep banging on about Tigers of old not winning pretty but managing to get the job done.
That’s what we’ve done 4 out of the last 5.

Wins a win and you play the team in front of you.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

That was like watching paint dry while running on a sandpaper treadmill. We are going to get eaten alive by the Chiefs.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:35 pm I think even the most biased of us can accept that the referee was not the problem today for Tigers - if anything I thought Tigers got away with a few things as well. Pretty awful performance, lucky to win to be honest.

Yes, top of the group and 4 out of 4, but how bad would we have had to be to not have won those games?!

I'm going to try to forget it ever happened and hope that the players show what they're capable of against Exeter.
From that team I would expect only Lavanini and Kalamafoni to start in the forwards, and Vieanu in the backs.
Spencer and Taufua to join them off the bench
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:36 pm Let’s just remember how many kept/keep banging on about Tigers of old not winning pretty but managing to get the job done.
That’s what we’ve done 4 out of the last 5.

Wins a win and you play the team in front of you.
I think that was referring to the days when we would beat Munster or Toulouse the ugly way. Not scraping a win against Calvisano.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:37 pm That was like watching paint dry while running on a sandpaper treadmill. We are going to get eaten alive by the Chiefs.
If we were putting that side out against chiefs I agree.

It was interesting listening to Paul Grayson during the Gloucester game, where he said that by fielding these scratch sides it is a very different story in a competitive game no matter how well things have gone in training.
Something that it’s difficult for us arm chair pundits to understand