OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: This Weekend in Europe

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Highlights up on the EPCR website:

https://www.epcrugby.com/category/chall ... highlights

Enjoy :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:00 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:32 pm Hogg carving up Sale, what a signing that was!
Really good game this. We are, to say the least, in trouble vs Chiefs.
Really, Sale by Diamonds own admission were poor, Yarde in particular was indirectly responsible for 2 of the tries and arguably all 3. That along with his dropping the ball over the line was why he got the Shepherd’s crook at half time
Sale - little return on investment thus far , meantime Exeter do seem to be evolving.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:59 am Yes I believe Wayne recently did an A Level in French to improve himself in Europe.
Wayne has been speaking French in matches now for 2 or 3 years, its good to hear! It annoys me when the likes of Nigel speaks in his Welsh accent, I can't understand him so how do others especially French, Italians etc? Are all players expected to understand English? Yes I know all teams generally have some English speakers, but get a Georgian front row and they are lectured in dialect English, how the devil can they be expected to get it right? Good job no Geordie or Scouse referees, or perhaps there is?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

LE18 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:55 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:59 am Yes I believe Wayne recently did an A Level in French to improve himself in Europe.
Wayne has been speaking French in matches now for 2 or 3 years, its good to hear! It annoys me when the likes of Nigel speaks in his Welsh accent, I can't understand him so how do others especially French, Italians etc? Are all players expected to understand English? Yes I know all teams generally have some English speakers, but get a Georgian front row and they are lectured in dialect English, how the devil can they be expected to get it right? Good job no Geordie or Scouse referees, or perhaps there is?
Dave Pearson was a Geordie ref!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Ben Smith and Luke Whitelock have both been picked in the starting XV for Pau in tomorrow’s match v Cardiff.
Semper in excretia
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Ulster thump an under strength Quins at the Stoop. They look very impressive and I can see them and Clement both coming out of this group.
John Cooney superb again. If for some unfathomable reason he doesn’t get in the Irish side someone needs to be waving a big contract under his nose
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes Cooney is a great player and is in excellent from but I wish Ekyn and co get their heads out of his :censored: and actually concentrate on commentating on the game in hand, such as one of the Ulster tries that was a clear obstruction.

Harlequins undoing was discipline but everything was against them last night, Kunatani will get cited for neck grabbing and a shoulder charge on Stockdale at the ruck and I was for sure that Chisholm would score but that was some phenomenal cover defence.m
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:41 am Yes Cooney is a great player and is in excellent from but I wish Ekyn and co get their heads out of his :censored: and actually concentrate on commentating on the game in hand, such as one of the Ulster tries that was a clear obstruction.

Harlequins undoing was discipline but everything was against them last night, Kunatani will get cited for neck grabbing and a shoulder charge on Stockdale at the ruck and I was for sure that Chisholm would score but that was some phenomenal cover defence.m
Wasn’t obstruction though he barely touched the defending players, and didn’t stop any tackles being made.
Kunatani also made contact around the eyes, wasn’t gouging but his hand was in the face, so I would expect 4 weeks minimum for him.
Tackler on Chisholm break was Cooney
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes I saw the hand but I felt like it was just around the mouth so it was just an agitation.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

In my view Saili was prevented from making the tackle.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:54 am Yes I saw the hand but I felt like it was just around the mouth so it was just an agitation.
hand on face like that would be immediate red had it been seen
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Pau currently beating Cardiff 19-7
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:04 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:54 am Yes I saw the hand but I felt like it was just around the mouth so it was just an agitation.
Yes and I agree but it wasn’t an eye gouge, Kunatani had lost his head which is a shame because he had a great game up to that point.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:58 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:04 pm
Yes and I agree but it wasn’t an eye gouge, Kunatani had lost his head which is a shame because he had a great game up to that point.
I’ve already said it wasn’t a gouge but that doesn’t matter as his hand went yo his face
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

FT Pau 34 Cardiff 29 so a decent result for us. If we win today it’ll be:

1) Leicester 18 (19 with a BP win)
2) Cardiff 13
3) Pau 10
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!