Mike Ford and Fiji Coaching Position

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Mike Ford and Fiji Coaching Position

Post by Tiglon »

fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 am Wait and see but a well known UK based Backs Coach will soon be available. Along with others.
I've heard that a well known UK based Head Coach will soon be available too.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:52 pm
fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 am Wait and see but a well known UK based Backs Coach will soon be available. Along with others.

Well just because somebody may be available it certainly does not mean Tigers will sign them.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:40 pm I cannot tell you as it is not official but I can assure you its dynamite. Please dont slag me off, but when it eventually officially hits the airwaves, there will be a lot of chat. You saw it here first, so to speak.
Well we haven’t really have we?! There’s no point in these sort of comments unless you put a name to it.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Could it be McCall's fed up with the associated embarrassment? Maybe Wray is jumping ship :smt017
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:40 pm I cannot tell you as it is not official but I can assure you its dynamite. Please dont slag me off, but when it eventually officially hits the airwaves, there will be a lot of chat. You saw it here first, so to speak.
Well, clearly, we haven’t!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

loretta wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:23 pm
Well, clearly, we haven’t!
Yes and I have another exclusive........

Wait and see but a well known UK based politician will soon lose a General Election. Along with others. Not sure how difficult I found that 😂
As Good As It Gets
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

would tend to disagree with this statement
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

How will we know if we heard it here first? It’s all a bit Nostradamus so far. Can you give us a really bad clue that will only make sense when we hear the news. Or perhaps put your prediction in a sealed envelope today send it to the hosts of the One Show to open only AFTER Christmas.

Ok I am joking, but perhaps you can at least say if you a) think this coach is not currently a Tigers, and b) if you think they would be an interesting fit for Tigers?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:49 am
TTRITH wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:30 am It would free up room for us to bring a backs/attack coach in.

Ex- Tiger Daryl Gibson is a free agent at the moment too.
We can’t have Daryl Gibson. People on here and other forums/social media say we shouldn’t appoint former Tigers players as coaches. They’re the problem apparently.
I think that is an unfair statement, I believe what has been said is do not appoint someone just because they are ex-Tigers if they are up to the job I don't care what ex they are, if they are up to the role get them in if they are not don't not even if they are ex-Tigers
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:52 pm
You all mean Murphy, it's a wind up isn't it?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I don't know about fortysix, but I was optimistically thinking Murphy...
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:32 pm
TTRITH wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:30 am It would free up room for us to bring a backs/attack coach in.

Ex- Tiger Daryl Gibson is a free agent at the moment too.
We can’t have Daryl Gibson. People on here and other forums/social media say we shouldn’t appoint former Tigers players as coaches. They’re the problem apparently.
I think that is an unfair statement, I believe what has been said is do not appoint someone just because they are ex-Tigers if they are up to the job I don't care what ex they are, if they are up to the role get them in if they are not don't not even if they are ex-Tigers
No that isn’t what has been said by some people. I’ve seen comments saying we need to completely move away from appointing coaches who have played for the club and NEED to appoint people with no links to the club whatsoever.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:25 am
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:32 pm

No that isn’t what has been said by some people. I’ve seen comments saying we need to completely move away from appointing coaches who have played for the club and NEED to appoint people with no links to the club whatsoever.
Yes. We need people from outside the outdated Tigers bubble. But that doesn't mean everyone - I'd be happy with one or two ex-Tigers in the coaching team. Not as Head Coach, but people like Vesty have gained good experience from the outside world and could add something to the mix.

Just anyone who isn't mates with the players and the board would be a good start. You know, a professional.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:01 am
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:25 am
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:32 pm I think that is an unfair statement, I believe what has been said is do not appoint someone just because they are ex-Tigers if they are up to the job I don't care what ex they are, if they are up to the role get them in if they are not don't not even if they are ex-Tigers
Yes. We need people from outside the outdated Tigers bubble. But that doesn't mean everyone - I'd be happy with one or two ex-Tigers in the coaching team. Not as Head Coach, but people like Vesty have gained good experience from the outside world and could add something to the mix.

Just anyone who isn't mates with the players and the board would be a good start. You know, a professional.
I suspect your last sentence precludes most. To be honest perhaps it is time for a clean break, no ex-Tigers for a couple of years.