Murphy coaches and relegation

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Murphy coaches and relegation

Post by CitizenSmiff »

The club are currently offering the opportunity to 'watch the lads train' as a prize in their Christmas raffle. Can whoever wins please take some notes so we can finally answer the question of what exactly they practise all week.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:01 am The club are currently offering the opportunity to 'watch the lads train' as a prize in their Christmas raffle. Can whoever wins please take some notes so we can finally answer the question of what exactly they practise all week.
They'd be better of doing a raffle to coach the team!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

TTRITH wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:36 am I would have thought, given the large scale disappointment in the fan base, that the club would issue some kind of statement.

"We've identified and appointed a new coach, however they will not be able to start until April."

"We are in the process of reviewing the coaching set up"

"We know performances have been poor but feel that stability is the right course."

For there to be nothing from those running the club suggests to me either they don't see the current situation as an issue, or they don't care what the fans think at the moment.
Yes you might very well expect some kind of statement. We’ll see. I won’t speculate on what the absence of a statement suggests...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:01 am The club are currently offering the opportunity to 'watch the lads train' as a prize in their Christmas raffle. Can whoever wins please take some notes so we can finally answer the question of what exactly they practise all week.
So now must win a raffle in order to just see the team train ! What is now a raffle prize was previously extended to all season ticket holders (I have been to see the squad train at Welford Rd). Frankly for me this is just another example of the rot that is endemic in our club.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

Am I the only one who keeps checking news websites today in the hope that I’ll hear that the coaches have been sacked!
And still nothing,..
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

20yearsatiger wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:23 pm Am I the only one who keeps checking news websites today in the hope that I’ll hear that the coaches have been sacked!
And still nothing,..
..you are not the only one..
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

20yearsatiger wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:23 pm Am I the only one who keeps checking news websites today in the hope that I’ll hear that the coaches have been sacked!
And still nothing,..
No your not. As I posted yesterday the silence is deafening, but apparently as it was Sunday no body does anything and sometimes people switch their phones off.
Well I hope to God that the clubs key decision makers didn’t have the day off and kept their phones on as this mess needs sorting now
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

It is catch 22. We sack Murphy now and get a new coach in, then they have 2 reletively easy games (although no game is that easy at the moment) and a free swing at Exeter. I dont think that even the most one eyed of fan thinks that we have much chance against Exeter. We keep Murphy and comfortably win our next two games then the morale will higher going into the free swing at Exeter.
Who takes over? If the Borthwick deal is done, then i am afraid its just wait and see and pray when he takes the helm we have the mother of all dead cat bounces!!!
If the Borthwick thing is true then we are going to have to wait as he would, i would think signed a contract. Maybe buy him out of his England contact? I guess the RFU owe us as we won them the 2003 world cup!!!
If it is not a done deal then, who is there? Who can turn this mess around. Its all good and well saying sack Murphy, but there has to be a credible alternative.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

And still nothing,..
... the board will never sack the coaches, it will just confirm what we all know, that they (the Bod) are not fit for purpose!!
Geordie is never going to fall on his sword, it would admit failure, letting the club down and an admission that he has no role in the administration of his beloved club.
There are a sizeable amount of "happy clappers" now facing up to the reality espoused by previous posters, shot down as doom mongers.
Borthwick has a job on his hands and with the current board in situ, his hands will no doubt be tied.
If there was a cartel as suggested, which incorporated the Young, Ford's and Tuilangis then they could only wield that power so long as they are receiving backing from the board. If the board are not strong enough to stand up to them, then what point is the board?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm It is catch 22. We sack Murphy now and get a new coach in, then they have 2 reletively easy games (although no game is that easy at the moment) and a free swing at Exeter. I dont think that even the most one eyed of fan thinks that we have much chance against Exeter. We keep Murphy and comfortably win our next two games then the morale will higher going into the free swing at Exeter.
Who takes over? If the Borthwick deal is done, then i am afraid its just wait and see and pray when he takes the helm we have the mother of all dead cat bounces!!!
If the Borthwick thing is true then we are going to have to wait as he would, i would think signed a contract. Maybe buy him out of his England contact? I guess the RFU owe us as we won them the 2003 world cup!!!
If it is not a done deal then, who is there? Who can turn this mess around. Its all good and well saying sack Murphy, but there has to be a credible alternative.
You make a very good point, but something needs to be done surely.
Or is doing nothing better than making the decision that leaves no one in charge, I don’t know the answer.

The silence from the club would indicate that they don’t either
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm It is catch 22. We sack Murphy now and get a new coach in, then they have 2 reletively easy games (although no game is that easy at the moment) and a free swing at Exeter. I dont think that even the most one eyed of fan thinks that we have much chance against Exeter. We keep Murphy and comfortably win our next two games then the morale will higher going into the free swing at Exeter.
I completely agree it IS catch 22...but for me I just don't see how things can get any worse. We are (taking out Sarries) bottom of the league. last year we finished 11th. We bring back 6 brilliant England players and even their expertise /fitness cannot improve the shambolic performances that we are subjected to. So yes I accept the uncertainty but I really cannot see things getting worse. if Borthwick is coming (I wish someone would confirm one way or another) then someone, anyone, could do a holding job. if he isn't then surely the powers that be have a Plan B?
I have supported and loved this club for over 20 years. I live in the South East now but commute up regularly to support my team. I will be there this weekend and again in 2 weeks for the Exeter game. The honourable thing as a lifelong supporter I think is to stay loyal and come and support the boys so that is what I do. I just wish Geordan and others would also do the honourable thing...
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

A record low attendance for Calvisano might spur the club to action. I've just had a look on the ticketing site and there's a lot of availability, including 2,000 in the Crumbie.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I agree that staying loyal and keeping the support is the only (positive) thing we can do as supporters and I guess that puts me towards the happy clapper end of the continuum. But being there is becoming tough now. I still don't think the players or coaches are wilfully messing things up but the Board do need to get the club into turnaround mode because this situation will get away from them very quickly. What action they take is up to them; they have put the club in this position, not the players and coaches, and they need to do what is needed to get out of it. If they have made the wrong coaching appointments they need to now make the right ones. As has been said though, there aren't many choices.
As Good As It Gets
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Fans may want to vote with their feet, boycott all future games until something is done?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Redstripeman wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:20 pm
And still nothing,..
... the board will never sack the coaches, it will just confirm what we all know, that they (the Bod) are not fit for purpose!!
Geordie is never going to fall on his sword, it would admit failure, letting the club down and an admission that he has no role in the administration of his beloved club.
There are a sizeable amount of "happy clappers" now facing up to the reality espoused by previous posters, shot down as doom mongers.
Borthwick has a job on his hands and with the current board in situ, his hands will no doubt be tied.
If there was a cartel as suggested, which incorporated the Young, Ford's and Tuilangis then they could only wield that power so long as they are receiving backing from the board. If the board are not strong enough to stand up to them, then what point is the board?
Absolutely and as I have been saying for over a year. The creature rots from the head down. BoD IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT. You make the appointments and put the blame on those you appointed. Disgrace.
I'm not cynical just experienced