Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:20 pm Doing the rounds this morning,has anyone found a single Sarries fan that isn't supremely confident of staying up due to how poor we are? It's embarrassing!
You were not wrong!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Shows how bad things are everyone is agreeing with Scott11
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:19 pm Shows how bad things are everyone is agreeing with Scott11
No point in sugar coating it.
Leicester were poor today.
We already knew the skill levels were not great but it was embarrassing to see the big Saints winger receive so much easy ball.
He is a pudding and didn't get smashed once.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I appreciate pre-season was spent doing fitness, but surely you can do skills and pressure management whilst running at the same time?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

As I said ages ago, we will never progress as long as the Young brothers, Ford father and son and the Tuillagi family cartel who have the ear of Ben Kay are with the club.
They wanted Murphy as coach so that they could dictate tactics etc to him as he has never had the strength of will or the coaching talent to oppose them.
Time to rid the club of all of them and start again.
Tigers have become a laughingstock.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

BFG wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:39 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:19 pm Shows how bad things are everyone is agreeing with Scott11
No point in sugar coating it.
Leicester were poor today.
We already knew the skill levels were not great but it was embarrassing to see the big Saints winger receive so much easy ball.
He is a pudding and didn't get smashed once.
Not sure he’s a pudding but a tactic of kicking deep to him (and others) to give him 20m+ to build up pace and angles wasn’t very clever.

The bigger worry was our leaders in the backs, Youngs and Ford, just kept doing it and Saints kept smashing through us in return.

Also our defensive line last week was playing close to offside limit and rushing up against Cardiffs backs whereas aside from Cole and Lavanini the rest just held off and held off until they were never going to win any collision.

The trouble is that we are going to learn nothing in the next two games and then we play Exeter who will smash through us at will based on today’s performance.

:censored: dreadful and I’m an eternal optimist.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:54 pm As I said ages ago, we will never progress as long as the Young brothers, Ford father and son and the Tuillagi family cartel who have the ear of Ben Kay are with the club.
They wanted Murphy as coach so that they could dictate tactics etc to him as he has never had the strength of will or the coaching talent to oppose them.
And your proof of all this is.
Yes they were shocking but what you say are very big claims, what do you have to back them up
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The skills thing is a bit of a blind alley imho, you either have the ability or you don't, who can't coach that into a player, it's not just a Tigers thing it's an English issue, size over skill I'm afraid.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:54 pm As I said ages ago, we will never progress as long as the Young brothers, Ford father and son and the Tuillagi family cartel who have the ear of Ben Kay are with the club.
Totally agree, Tigers is now a club run for the benefit of a few at the expense of the many
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:10 pm The skills thing is a bit of a blind alley imho, you either have the ability or you don't, who can't coach that into a player, it's not just a Tigers thing it's an English issue, size over skill I'm afraid.
Funny old thing Murphy was our skills coach and look where he is now.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

surely if Youngs and Ford et al were dictating tactics we would be trying to copy England, a system which sees them thrive...
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Genge looks like going back to Briss'l
The Youngs duo couldn't make their skills count.
May looked dejected.Tuilagi actually looked miffed/gutted.

Well done Stains and we were well done by Stains.

How long ago did they get shot of Mallinder and West? Look at them now - A TEAM all working together with a World class Head Coach. Top of the Table and just remind me ---where are we????? :smt013 :smt013
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Doubt very much whether Jones will select any Tigers in Feb---------only possibilities being Ford and Genge.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:10 pm The skills thing is a bit of a blind alley imho, you either have the ability or you don't, who can't coach that into a player, it's not just a Tigers thing it's an English issue, size over skill I'm afraid.
We are talking about what should coachable skills though (and for what are already pro players) such as line outs, putting the pass in front if the runner and the timing kicks with the chase etc.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:02 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:14 pm I don't expect him to resign because honestly who in the world would hire him after this, he'll have to go and get a real job after three decades in the game. He'll be sacked eventually, just when is the question and how much will it cost.
He has quite a large property portfolio, and other business interests.
If it was me I would resign, as nice a bloke as he is, he has lost the plot, the dressing room and now even the loyalist of fans
Maybe that's part of the problem, he's moonlighting. Either way he needs to move on now , tomorrow first thing please, so we can have two easier weeks (in theory anyway) in the Challenge Cup before facing Exeter. Otherwise Tigers really will be playing their championship standard game in The Championship next season. The Board also needs culling.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.