Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by TigerCam »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:29 pm That little patch of optimism after the Cardiff win was nice, wasn't it.
I take it your tongue is still in your cheek? I was in Cardiff with my welsh mates and all of us said that both sides deserved to lose, such was the pitiful display of rugby from both sides. It would appear that the standard of play remains for both sides given todays results but Cardiff did squeeze through in Treviso.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

I watched the game on TV but didn’t see the end of the programme as family called in. Was Murphy interviewed and if he was what did he say.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Why do we have this obsession with locks playing in the back row?

Presumably because the forwards coaching is as clueless as the rest of our coaching.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Watching Naiyaravoro made me miss Alex so much.
Manu great but centres tend to face up against more forward nowdays.

But a winger of that size if always going to find himself up against a smaller play more times than not.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:54 pm I watched the game on TV but didn’t see the end of the programme as family called in. Was Murphy interviewed and if he was what did he say.
From the BBC:

Leicester head coach Geordan Murphy told BBC Radio Leicester:

"Incredibly disappointed is the way I would describe that performance and the way I feel. I'm just really gutted - we didn't really do anything we aspired to do in the week.

"I felt just before half-time at 17-10 down, we had a little opportunity in their territory to execute and to score.

"They stole the ball off the line-out and then went the length of the field to score and we find ourselves two scores down at the interval. The game's effectively done and dusted at that stage.

"When you start chasing the game in the second half as we had to against a quality side like Saints, they're going to hurt us.

"The manner of the defeat is sickening as this is a very special one this game, which means a lot to myself and a lot of the players."

Same old stuff.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Spicer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:54 pm I watched the game on TV but didn’t see the end of the programme as family called in. Was Murphy interviewed and if he was what did he say.
From the BBC:

Leicester head coach Geordan Murphy told BBC Radio Leicester:

"Incredibly disappointed is the way I would describe that performance and the way I feel. I'm just really gutted - we didn't really do anything we aspired to do in the week.

"I felt just before half-time at 17-10 down, we had a little opportunity in their territory to execute and to score.

"They stole the ball off the line-out and then went the length of the field to score and we find ourselves two scores down at the interval. The game's effectively done and dusted at that stage.

"When you start chasing the game in the second half as we had to against a quality side like Saints, they're going to hurt us.

"The manner of the defeat is sickening as this is a very special one this game, which means a lot to myself and a lot of the players."

Same old stuff.
Usual gratuitous platitudes... if he's not sacked he must fall on his sword! I'm steadily losing respect for him, and I never thought I would be saying that :smt009
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Thanks
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

We actually appear to be a worse side with our big name players in it..& we were only missing 2 of what could be argued our best XV.

It's the constant limp defeats that drag you down.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I don't expect him to resign because honestly who in the world would hire him after this, he'll have to go and get a real job after three decades in the game. He'll be sacked eventually, just when is the question and how much will it cost.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:11 pm We actually appear to be a worse side with our big name players in it..& we were only missing 2 of what could be argued our best XV.

Agreed. Ben Youngs in particular is, as usual, rubbish in a Tigers shirt. And before anyone says he was getting slow ball, no, he actually wasn't. He was slowing it down and kicking poorly especially straight to their enormous winger (can't spell so won't try :smt044 ). Do we still assume that he and his brother in tandem have a stranglehold on the club :smt017
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

fentiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:16 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:11 pm We actually appear to be a worse side with our big name players in it..& we were only missing 2 of what could be argued our best XV.

Agreed. Ben Youngs in particular is, as usual, rubbish in a Tigers shirt. And before anyone says he was getting slow ball, no, he actually wasn't. He was slowing it down and kicking poorly especially straight to their enormous winger (can't spell so won't try :smt044 ). Do we still assume that he and his brother in tandem have a stranglehold on the club :smt017
Ben's contract is up, I believe, I do not think he is worth the money it would cost to keep him
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Quite recently, at a schools match , a top Coach watching his son play, was heard to say about the current Tigers.
Asked who he would keep if he was i/c..
He said-------- Veaninu Holmes May Taute Ford Genge Lavanini Thompson Leinbenberg Taufua
The others he dissected in varying stages as either past it, never good enough, or not up to it...
So bye bye the pair of Youngs, Cole and Tuilagi..
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

fortysix wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:29 pm Quite recently, at a schools match , a top Coach watching his son play, was heard to say about the current Tigers.
He said-------- Veaninu Holmes May Taute Ford Genge Lavanini Thompson Leinbenberg Taufua
The others he dissected in varying stages as either past it, never good enough, or not up to it...
I don't get the last sentence.
Are you saying that said coach is coming into Tigers and he will shed those players?
or something else.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:29 pm Quite recently, at a schools match , a top Coach watching his son play, was heard to say about the current Tigers.
Ford kicked as poorly as Youngs May was shocking particularly the pass to no one under our sticks.
I actually thought Cole looked like one of the few that actually wanted to be out there today along with Thompson and Lavanini.
Genge other than one off load had a shocker, normal catch the ball and run head first into contact
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:14 pm I don't expect him to resign because honestly who in the world would hire him after this, he'll have to go and get a real job after three decades in the game. He'll be sacked eventually, just when is the question and how much will it cost.
He has quite a large property portfolio, and other business interests.
If it was me I would resign, as nice a bloke as he is, he has lost the plot, the dressing room and now even the loyalist of fans