Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:02 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm I now firmly believe they are trying to get Murphy sacked, that smelt of every football teams performance I have ever seen in the dying days of a coach when the players knew, and they are the first to know, that the coach was out of his depth and they are simply not listening to him.

Apparently they want £60m for the club, they'll be luck to get £60k at this rate
I think you may be right, the 'player power' though is awful - but it did for Cockers too....

Oh, you're about £59,999.00 too high there.
It's not player power per say its just they know he isn't up to the job and have no faith in his decisions so they lose 10% of their performance from the off and the more things go wrong thew lower it gets
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:01 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:54 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:43 pm
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
But it's not your club? This is the bit that hurts an old exile more than anything. Why do I support Tigers? Because they are my hometown club and that club was full of local, or at least English talent.

What allegiance can I hold to a bunch of vagabond players from around the world brought in to represent my home town? It's not the same. Ok. Everyone will cry, "Stick in the mud! Move on! Forget tradition" and also "It'ss a business now, not a club!"

So if it's a business and you want me to support it you can start by putting a product on the pitch that pleases my eye and is worthy of my backing.

I'm not a coaching expert, I don't pretend to know more than the professionals, but I do know a good product when I see one.

I'm not looking at a good product now.
12 of the starting 15 are English today and I'm pretty sure the other three aren't homeless or unemployed...

No! We employed them.......! But take a wider view? What would be our first choice ratio?

The plea still remains. Put a product on the pitch that is acceptable.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

It was like jumping back in to the worst days of last season. Only positive was one driving maul and Taute..

Not said this before but Murphy will always be one of my favourite players but needs to go. It’s not his fault, I don’t blame him, it’s the ones above. And this has to happen in the next two weeks to allow time to avoid relegation.

Put our internationals in a well coached team and they get to a World Cup final. This afternoon they were not in a well coached side.

Credit to Northampton. A well coached team with a clear plan who will challenge the top. And they hammered us with their 3 best players missing.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

« The set piece has been an absolute horror show »

-Dallaglio spots one of the problems.
Valhalla I am coming!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The defeat feels worse because of the mindless errors. Kicking to their strength every time. The line out. Horrendous. 21 points gifted. A couple of wins over Calvisano will paper over the cracks no doubt. Saracens may overtake us in January.
Last edited by westwinds31 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

« I don’t know how much easier Leicester can make it for them »

- BT Sport commentary
Valhalla I am coming!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The line out. Communication, timing, lifters, the throw, the call. Throw in an Argentinian who speaks little English and you have your problem perhaps ?
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:06 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:54 pm

But it's not your club? This is the bit that hurts an old exile more than anything. Why do I support Tigers? Because they are my hometown club and that club was full of local, or at least English talent.

What allegiance can I hold to a bunch of vagabond players from around the world brought in to represent my home town? It's not the same. Ok. Everyone will cry, "Stick in the mud! Move on! Forget tradition" and also "It'ss a business now, not a club!"

So if it's a business and you want me to support it you can start by putting a product on the pitch that pleases my eye and is worthy of my backing.

I'm not a coaching expert, I don't pretend to know more than the professionals, but I do know a good product when I see one.

I'm not looking at a good product now.
12 of the starting 15 are English today and I'm pretty sure the other three aren't homeless or unemployed...

No! We employed them.......! But take a wider view? What would be our first choice ratio?

Don't see what nationality has to do with quality of play.

If we had more foreigners playing today like Veainu, Taufua and Liebenberg we'd probably have played better.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

That little patch of optimism after the Cardiff win was nice, wasn't it.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:29 pm That little patch of optimism after the Cardiff win was nice, wasn't it.
Yep, a bit like the win over Glaws, followed by a horror show against LI. How we can go from moderate to abysmal, twice, I don't know. While I agree that sacking people without a replacement lined up is not going to do us any good, it can't get much worse than it already is, can it ? I think that only the most optimistic thought that we might win today. I had hoped that a performance like last week might get us a LBP. Some hope.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Spicer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:27 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:06 pm

Don't see what nationality has to do with quality of play.

If we had more foreigners playing today like Veainu, Taufua and Liebenberg we'd probably have played better.
Possibly....not probably.....to explain. My opinion is.......for what it's worth.....when we had a team based on an English and moreover local pack, that did not change year on year as the insidious merry go round of professionals trip in and out of the side, with varying degrees of success, we had the basis for a decent side.

It's not necessarily to do with nationality, but consistency.

The nationality / regional bit comes with my personal reasons for supporting "a little piece of home" when I'm exiled in foreign parts.

The club atmosphere having prished, (it's a business now, where we have to tolerate the ins and outs of players from the wider playing community,) the business now has to produce a product worthy of my support rather than relying on an affiliation with individuals who spent a long time with the club.

I'll get me coat.........it's been a long day
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Alas change really does need to happen.
I guess the question is how much change can any coach do at the current club system?
Unfortunately nothing is going to change until some people at the top leave, even if we change the coaching.
You might say look at saints with a new head coach BUT
Do people really think Boyd at saints has a rugby committee process to go to?
Do people think Lam answers to people above him about the playing side?

If something needs to be done it really needs to be done before mid January.
We have potentially in the millions cap free from currently unsigned player extensions.

If Borthwick can't come sooner, who are the assistants he wants and try to get them early.
I don't know i'm stumped.

Although I still don't understand why people still link performance to the club value... :smt017

also our lineout was :censored: last season, so doubt Lavanini had anything to do with that.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:44 pm
20yearsatiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:41 pm GET THESE COACHES OUT OF MY CLUB
As far as I am concerned, the last decent coach and a man who would have eviscerated many players for their attitude, left for Toulon taking Tigers DNA with him; sacked for being a point off fourth.
I am sorry but the seeds of our present situation were well & truly sown & fertilised during his tenure.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:45 pm
jgriffin wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:44 pm
20yearsatiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:41 pm GET THESE COACHES OUT OF MY CLUB
As far as I am concerned, the last decent coach and a man who would have eviscerated many players for their attitude, left for Toulon taking Tigers DNA with him; sacked for being a point off fourth.
I am sorry but the seeds of our present situation were well & truly sown & fertilised during his tenure.
100% Him Cohen, Glynn, Tom, Kay, Underwood (although at least Underwood has the decency to apologise at the fans forum).
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Well Northampton are top of the table, very good team, refreshing to see a group playing with such freedom to their game. Hutchinson and Proctor tore us apart whenever they got the ball. No shame in losing but it was the manner of the defeat. Plus there was added pressure given the losses already against London Irish and Worcester.

People were right, I hoped Wells at 6 would work but it clearly didn’t as we lacked mobility. Kalamafoni should have been at 6 with Coghlan at 8. Thought Green and Wells were pretty anonymous and missing in action. Lavanini played with heart with some big carries. Genge and Kalamafoni I thought also played well. There’s three players to build the pack around.

Was very impressed with Taute too, our best back. Tuilagi in defence was awful. Didn’t think much of the Youngs brothers as neither stepped up to the mark. Overall we’re a team playing less than the sum of our parts. It’s not like we’re playing with potential and losing. Saints fans said when Boyd first joined them even when losing they could see the structure he was putting into their game. We have no structure and haven’t for two seasons. There is no sign of improvement either.

Obviously our injuries didn’t help, but do not forget Saints were missing Franks, Ribbans, Lawes, Bigger and Francis. Where do we go from here, I don’t know. Does it even matter if we beat Calvisano, papering over the cracks will do nothing.