Bath v Sarries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bath v Sarries

Post by markharbtiger »

For the first time I can remember, I am keen for a Bath win tonight.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by Mark62 »

I know there has been a lot of rain and it’s a cold night but that Bath pitch is shocking
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bath undone by Sarries getting away with an early shove at the maul which they never recovered from. Also that last scrum they never showed the alternate angle for the other side so from my view that was a clear penalty to Bath, not the other way round.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Farrell has put in some good shots mind you.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:20 pm I know there has been a lot of rain and it’s a cold night but that Bath pitch is shocking
Not called the Rec for nothing...
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Sarries wont throw this away. 4 points closer to us...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm Sarries wont throw this away. 4 points closer to us...
Very impressive aren’t they, though they do live right on that offside line.
Bath and Priestland seem clueless as to how to to break the line
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

The only positive is neither side got a bonus point
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I refuse to watch any Sarries performances for the foreseeable, what's the point, its like watching somebody play a first person shooter with God mode on. Also a bit depressing how short that deduction has gotten already.
Freebird
Tiger Cub

Post by Freebird »

fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm Sarries wont throw this away. 4 points closer to us...
I'm led to believe that it's not just down to us and Sarries and that other relegation candidates are available.

I was somewhat surprised to find out that when "everybody on here is saying" that we were cast adrift at the bottom of the table with the fast approaching Sarries below us after our disastrous and unrecoverable start to the season, Wasps only have one point more than us and Harlequins a massive two.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Freebird wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 pm
I'm led to believe that it's not just down to us and Sarries and that other relegation candidates are available.

I was somewhat surprised to find out that when "everybody on here is saying" that we were cast adrift at the bottom of the table with the fast approaching Sarries below us after our disastrous and unrecoverable start to the season, Wasps only have one point more than us and Harlequins a massive two.
Exactly, there's no way Tigers will catch up one or two points. It's already over.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Hardly surprising when they’ve got the squad quality and depth is it?

They cheated, got away with it for a few years, have now been found out, been deducted the maximum amount of points but will still stay up because they’re allowed to continue with the same players they got through cheating which are players that consistently challenge for titles. 35 points was never going to be enough to send them down.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I don't get how they can keep all the same players this season? Have they all taken a salary cut or what?

The fine/points deduction was for previous seasons, but what about this season?

Ps. Please can we have Daly or Goode or Williams.....?! We really could do with another full on attacking full back when TV is injured (ie most of the time).
Soggypitch
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:44 am I don't get how they can keep all the same players this season? Have they all taken a salary cut or what?

The fine/points deduction was for previous seasons, but what about this season?

Ps. Please can we have Daly or Goode or Williams.....?! We really could do with another full on attacking full back when TV is injured (ie most of the time).
Because the salary’s aren’t the problem, it’s the investments. As long as those investments have been stopped, they carry one with the same team.

I’m surprised that 35 points was considered, by many, to be a large enough deduction to result in demotion. No chance.