Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
RichieB
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by RichieB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm

LE18 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 pm
I thought I could remember Murphy dropping a very ugly drop goal here at Welford Road :smt017
Me too, thought it was v Saints and thought it was Barnes ref. I am convinced I watched it from the Alliance & Leics stand or whatever it might have been called then. Many phases of play in front of the Saints try line and it was screaming out for a drop goal to rescue an undeserved draw. However, I'll accept I may well be wrong!

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3739
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by strawclearer » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:34 pm

RichieB wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm
LE18 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 pm
I thought I could remember Murphy dropping a very ugly drop goal here at Welford Road :smt017
Me too, thought it was v Saints and thought it was Barnes ref. I am convinced I watched it from the Alliance & Leics stand or whatever it might have been called then. Many phases of play in front of the Saints try line and it was screaming out for a drop goal to rescue an undeserved draw. However, I'll accept I may well be wrong!
I remember it too. We were screaming at Toby to go for the drop goal and Geordan eventually took matters into his own hands!

Or I dreamed it.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7571
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by RagingBull » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPkEb5gRNNM

that's the Saracens game.
I can't find any info of Murphy getting a drop goal at Welford road whilst Flood was here.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7571
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by RagingBull » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Only saints draw i can find of recent times was 19-19 in 2013 and Murphy wasn't playing, the game didn't end in a drop goal and Tigers drew with a slater try and Flood kick in the last 5 minutes and the ref was Doyle

Two drop goals murphy has done at Welford road.
1 was from half way against Irish the other was from 55 meters out against Gloucester.
(Barnes was ref for the Gloucester game).

Well according to the info I can find.

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Cardiff Tig » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:40 am

RagingBull wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:52 pm
Two drop goals murphy has done at Welford road.
1 was from half way against Irish the other was from 55 meters out against Gloucester.
(Barnes was ref for the Gloucester game).

Well according to the info I can find.
I remember when he got the ball and you could tell he was going to go for it from miles out. Was ridiculous!!

teds
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:02 pm
Location: london

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by teds » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:00 am

Cardiff Tig wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:40 am
RagingBull wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:52 pm
Two drop goals murphy has done at Welford road.
1 was from half way against Irish the other was from 55 meters out against Gloucester.
(Barnes was ref for the Gloucester game).

Well according to the info I can find.
I remember when he got the ball and you could tell he was going to go for it from miles out. Was ridiculous!!
The video RagingBull shared is a different match. Iirc the one everyone else is thinking of was from much further out, between the 10m line and halfway and slightly further to the right. And the kick was much uglier than that one.

That’s if iirc, but of course, I don’t always remember correctly.

happywomble
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by happywomble » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:40 am

Anyone any idea of Saints fitness concerns or players missing or do they have a full squad to select from? :smt017

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3016
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Mark62 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:02 am

happywomble wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:40 am
Anyone any idea of Saints fitness concerns or players missing or do they have a full squad to select from? :smt017
No idea, but it will be interesting to see if they have half an eye on their double header against Leinster over the next 2 weekends

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1471
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Bath

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Tiglon » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:28 am

If they're going to rest anyone over those 3 games, I would expect it to be Leinster away.

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5208
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Tigerbeat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:12 pm

happywomble wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:40 am
Anyone any idea of Saints fitness concerns or players missing or do they have a full squad to select from? :smt017
Reinach left the pitch with a foot injury at the weekend
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by watsonjm » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:30 pm

Does anyone know a rugby pub in Market Harborough to watch the game?

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3016
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Mark62 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:41 pm

watsonjm wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:30 pm
Does anyone know a rugby pub in Market Harborough to watch the game?
The ‘something ‘ cow on the high street, and the spoons pub will,probably have it on. If not you could try the rugby club by the leisure centre

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2667
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Scott1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:20 pm

Doing the rounds this morning,has anyone found a single Sarries fan that isn't supremely confident of staying up due to how poor we are? It's embarrassing!

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3016
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Mark62 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:20 pm
Doing the rounds this morning,has anyone found a single Sarries fan that isn't supremely confident of staying up due to how poor we are? It's embarrassing!
Why do you feel the need to make every post you make negative, are they saying the same about other sides or do you just choose to ignore those.

Clip clop said the troll who’s that walking over my bridgev

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6758
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by jgriffin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:25 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:20 pm
Doing the rounds this morning,has anyone found a single Sarries fan that isn't supremely confident of staying up due to how poor we are? It's embarrassing!
Sorry, your posts are just wearing and boring. :smt018
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ABClub, fentiger, happywomble, Leicestertinytiger, MCC1964 and 2 guests