London Irish vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish vs Tigers

Post by fentiger »

I don't get why we should 'forget europe'? We're currently in losing mindset so that needs sorting, regardless of the competition we have to start winning REGULARLY and not just sporadically!
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

An absolute disgrace. Bottom of the table and that is where we’ll stay, despite a brief stint where Sarries might be bottom. Tigers will be relegated this season and it will be fully deserved.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Not had chance to watch much this season, but from what I ready it just sounds like more of the same from last season, but without the buffer of Newcastle to save us. Even with a 35 point deduction, Sarries will still finish above us.
Been some squad shuffling, I actually think we’re stronger as a squad of players, there’s been some astute additions, but the defensive misses, predictably aimless attacks, and underpowered forwards seem to remain. If the players have changed, and the errors remain, then that’s undeniably down to poor coaching.
I said the same after Worcester, I think man for man, we’re probably have better players on the whole, there are exceptions obviously, but if we were to do a composite team then there’d generally be more Tigers than Worcester players, and this week more Tigers players than LI players, yet on both occasions we’ve been schooled.
The persistence with Reid at 10 and Hardwick at 12 seems puzzling. They’d be far better the other way round.
The sooner Borthwick arrives with fresh views and ideas, the better. Time for a change.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fentiger wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:04 pm I don't get why we should 'forget europe'? We're currently in losing mindset so that needs sorting, regardless of the competition we have to start winning REGULARLY and not just sporadically!
Mark McCall has reportedly said that if their points reduction stand then they will prioritise the Premiership to retain their Premiership status.

Tigers should hear those alarm bells and do the same.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Carver510

Post by Carver510 »

It's sad to say, but I'm almost becoming used to us losing. I often expect us to. I just feel so, so sad about how things are at the club. Teams don't fear us - in fact, most of them probably look forward to, knowing they'll probably get 5 points.

What on earth were we thinking, putting an inexperienced coach with no track record and barely any coaching experience, at the head of one of the, if not THE, biggest Rugby Union team in the country and one of the biggest in Europe. In some ways, I do feel for the legend that is GM. He will always be a club legend. But come on - why on earth is our Head Coach needing a mentor? If he needs a mentor, he shouldn't be in charge! It just beggars belief. We are not some minor league, third division team. We are Leicester Tigers!! The BoD should be ashamed of the place this club is in.

I remember when I used to go to Welford Road and it was quite simply, a fortress. The roar of the crowd, the atmosphere - quite often, we were unstoppable.

When I was at Welford Road against Saracens the other week, for most of the game, you could hear a pin drop. The atmosphere was dead and with what was on show, you can't blame anybody.

A truly sad state of affairs.
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

GET THESE COACHES OUT OF MY CLUB
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

The Manchester United of Rugby Union - I remember when that was a tag to be proud of, now it's a disaster, but the similarities are there.

Clueless board who seem to think that they have a divine right to be at the top of the table. Check

Terrible recruitment for years on end. Check

A number of poor coaching appointments currently lumbered with with someone who's sole qualification for the role is that he was a legendary player. Check
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:12 pm
fentiger wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:04 pm I don't get why we should 'forget europe'? We're currently in losing mindset so that needs sorting, regardless of the competition we have to start winning REGULARLY and not just sporadically!
Mark McCall has reportedly said that if their points reduction stand then they will prioritise the Premiership to retain their Premiership status.

Tigers should hear those alarm bells and do the same.
Difference there though is the Sarries boys know how to win, how to play rugby and to top it off know and trust the other 14 guys in the shirt.

We need to learn to win again.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

fleabane wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:39 pm Coaching clearout now!

Rugby Committee disband!

BUY EXPERIENCE!
Yes because we've never struggled in a world cup period before now. 2003, terrible season, out in the group stages, no play offs and Richards sacked. 2007, couldn't get out of the group stages of the HC and scraped into the playoffs with Loffreda getting sacked. 2015 we did ok though the world cup was in this country and England got knocked out early.

European games to be used to ease back in the injured players and internationals then we must win three of Vs Saints, Vs Chiefs, Vs Bristol and Vs Quins.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:15 pm
fleabane wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:39 pm Coaching clearout now!

Rugby Committee disband!

BUY EXPERIENCE!
Yes because we've never struggled in a world cup period before now. 2003, terrible season, out in the group stages, no play offs and Richards sacked. 2007, couldn't get out of the group stages of the HC and scraped into the playoffs with Loffreda getting sacked. 2015 we did ok though the world cup was in this country and England got knocked out early.

European games to be used to ease back in the injured players and internationals then we must win three of Vs Saints, Vs Chiefs, Vs Bristol and Vs Quins.
Forgot 2011.... lost 5 of first 6, second bottom. BIG difference is, we had a squad who played with heart and guts - I'm not seeing that with the current bunch - hopefully I am way off target with that.

I think we have a slight chance against Quins, but it's away so maybe not.

I hope that we can get George Ford playing quickly, he at least puts loads of effort in and drags others to keep up with him.

Cole & Genge in the scrum and Manu in the centres. Don't think we'll see May for awhile and not sure Ben Youngs will make much difference tbh - let him prove me wrong.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Lol. Just finished watching the Exeter game. Despite what I thought about Slade and White in the first half and the discussion about returning England players it didn’t do them any good in the end!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Who is in the Tigers registered squad for European games?
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Bottom of the prem is interesting: Bath, Quinn, Wasps and Tigers.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:22 pm Who is in the Tigers registered squad for European games?
Basically the whole squad both Senior + Development
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

I was sat opposite one of the hoardings that said ‘Poo corner’.

Quite appropriate, really.