Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saracens Cap Investigation

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I wonder if Exeter will make a complaint, as they have been the team who have lost out to Sarries most in the Leauge. I guess if they do then, there is a possiblity of further sanctions due to Exeter stating they lost out on X Y and Z prize winning money and sponsership by Sarries cheating.

Be very interesting about what is going to be done about the fact that Exeter have missed out on the title because of it.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:11 am I wonder if the full report will be published or just the punishment, I have to say a guilty verdict does potentially bring the integrity of the competition into question, for how long have Saracens been breaking the rules and why were they allowed to break the rules for that long.

You then have the question of would Saracens have won their titles without the cheating, I imagine if a champion team was subsequently found to have been doping or using performance enhancing drugs en masse they would have their titles stripped but for some reason the same doesn't apply here? :smt017
Agreed. A friend of mine, current Director of Prem Rugby Club. Immediate response: All well and good. Shame terms of reference so narrow i.e. Recent offences. It was common knowledge in the game going back to 2010-2011. Which is why I have banged on, and on, and on, and on about it.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Saracens a club built on deciet! Can we change the title of the thread?

I think Saracens are Rugby Unions equivelent of Lance Armstrong and should be treated as such.

Blatant cheating should be punished, for all the years it is shown to have gone on.

Dean Richards was hung out to dry over a blood capsule, this is far worse, the punishment is trivial in comparison to that meted out to Richards..

The shame is, it has taken so long for anyone to act on what has been common knowlege for many years.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Thet can't be allowed to play even one game more with players they can't afford surely? Then every team that lost to them would have a case for appeal. And while I do believe the players should be left out of the legal wranglings they knew what was going on (or at least their advisors did), that having part of their take home pay in bricks and mortar was to circumvent the rules, and so arent completely blameless.
Last edited by CitizenSmiff on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

fentiger wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:16 am
CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:13 am I feel much better knowing I wasn't just looking down my nose at Sarries out of jealousy, they actually were cheating! Be nice if they had their titles removed and given to the team that actually earned them fairly.
Ali Eykin has Tweeted very much the same, don't hold your breath just yet though!
The Premiership Rugby statement seems to say that the rules state sanctions can only be applied this year and not retrospectively so unlikely to see action on previous "success ".
As Good As It Gets
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

650k they need to free up
Flash

Post by Flash »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:13 am I feel much better knowing I wasn't just looking down my nose at Sarries out of jealousy, they actually were cheating! Be nice if they had their titles removed and given to the team that actually earned them fairly.
Don't think you could assign another winner because they beat someone in the semi and final. They could just have no winner for those years though.
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

And the BBC. This is the biggest rugby story in the professional era (in my opinion). It could all be deferred by appeals, litigation and long term court action but the damage to Saracens is potentially enormous: fire sale of players? relegation? loss of supporters? Even as a lifelong Tigers supporter none of that damage to what is unquestionably England's premier club brings me any pleasure or satisfaction.
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

On a brighter note, Tigers are now 10th in the table.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Jacko27 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 pm On a brighter note, Tigers are now 10th in the table.
Ha Ha Ha....My Bath supporting boss is very happy with it!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

I echo the feelings of relief that THREE years of Saracens knowingly cheating has finally been uncovered.

But quite frankly, this is a dark day for all of English rugby and so there's little 'joy' to take from this. The last three years of the Premiership has been sullied. We're left with hypothetical questions we can't possibly answer... would Sarries have won without cheating? If not, which other teams have potentially missed out on that career-defining moment of becoming champions? Do we even call them the champions any more?

What a mess.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Relieved that a breach of regulations has been upheld but saddened that it occurred at all. Not a great advertisement for the game.
I'm not cynical just experienced
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:36 pm Image
Very good. :smt040
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

:smt003 :smt003 Perfect!