Leicester vs Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Leicester vs Saracens

Post by norfolkexpat »

What a truly abysmal coaching outfit we have. 18 weeks solid training and not a single solitary move that would penetrate a paper bag. As for the scrum half..oh dearie me. The old guard must be holding their heads in their hands. Maybe it requires a true miracle to salvage anything out of this match against Sarries 3rds. To cap it all, John Barclay on TV has just said Leicester are disjointed and clueless and a clip of our dressing room saw Murphy walk through without saying a dicky bird...Heaven please help us
Last edited by norfolkexpat on Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Reid looks like a good 12 being shoehorned into 10. I'd rather see Hardwick at 10 with Reid at 12.

Reid and Viljeon have the makings of really strong centre partnership with the ability to put the back three into space.

Agree that Viljeon needs to play it safer with touch finders but from my knowledge it's not a role he's taken on at previous clubs. Him doing so here is likely indicative of Reid being moved to 10 without massive experience there.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Can’t watch/listen as working but the HT scoreline and comments here don’t auger well for a Tigers win. At LEAST a LBP please!!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I really hope the Steve Borthwick rumours are true. Boy do we need some decent coaching. The current set is so inept it's laughable. We badly need some impetus.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
ashleytiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashleytiger »

Ugo takes a little pop at the size and quality of the Saracens squad, both on the field and not available currently .......

But interesting news re that? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... ation.html
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:50 pm What a truly abysmal coaching outfit we have. 18 weeks solid training and not a single solitary move that would penetrate a paper bag. As for the scrum half..oh dearie me. The old guard must be holding their heads in their hands. Maybe it requires a true miracle to salvage anything out of this match against Sarries 3rds.
Defence is looking better and there's clearly a method to how we're trying to play. It just doesn't look natural yet. The players are looking for each other. Sarries have been playing together for a long time and they just know where each other is. That's been the main difference, they have the patterns settled and they just drop into them because they are the same patterns they've had for years. Hard to get that understanding in 18 weeks when several players haven't been there for the full 18 weeks.

If we start kicking from our own half earlier, for instance before a couple of forward carries have gone nowhere and sucked in most of the pack, then we'll have a better kick chase and can hopefully establish the territory. Attack the breakdown hard in their half and start to make Foley think. He's favouring the attacking team on a lot of the 50/50 calls. We apply the pressure and we'll get the decisions.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

My point in case. How stupid to pass it back 10 metres into our own half. The whole line is there ready, that's the time to hoist up the bomb.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

if a side is allowed to cheat with impunity on and off the field it's no wonder they have success

as for Tigers Noel Reid is shockingly bad so far
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Tigers lack of 'blockers' to buy extra metres for wingers under the highball is telling here.

Once again no game management from Tigers as well. Go through half a dozen phases on halfway without anywhere, instead of putting boot to ball they force it, lose the ball and 2 minutes later Sarries score having won the aerial ping pong.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Skelton's arm clearly around the neck of the Tigers player and again nothing done
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Are we back to not having a TMO? Number of seatbelt tackles have been let go. Nice to see the consistency from the world cup.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:13 pm Are we back to not having a TMO? Number of seatbelt tackles have been let go. Nice to see the consistency from the world cup.
The standard of officiating worries me on the whole, Barnes is the only prem ref that I think is good more often than not and now he's gone
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Nothing has changed bar the names.

Kalamafoni is playing so where the hell is Veainu?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

The most disappointing thing about this performance is that we looked to have fixed so many things in the game against Exeter in the prem cup and then we hit the prem and we have gone back to the same mistakes we made last season
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Relegation fodder at this rate. Men against boys.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"