ENG vs NZ - RWC Semi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: ENG vs NZ - RWC Semi

Post by Robespierre »

Great win! A bottle of Buzet has already been opened!!
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:24 pm There's been a lot of talk about Daly being a poor fullback, which he probably is, but NZ didn't get a chance to expose that weakness as England were all over them in defence.

Youngs had his best game for a while and showed how good he is when playing at pace and with quick ball. Ford didn't take a backward step - his tackle count must have been near, if not exactly, 100% and he controlled the game perfectly.

And Manu looks reborn. He was excellent in both attack and defence and Coley did what Dan does - the.simple things really well. You don't get 94 caps by being a **** player.

We do have some real gems in our squad - we just need to play to their strengths once they return.
Ford and Farrell 15 tackles - the most by an England player (14 from Underhill).
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes and compare also the missed tackle count of both (Ford wins).

I know stats don't paint the full picture but interesting to see Curry v Underhill tackle stats, Curry missed 4 out of 5!

https://www.espn.com/rugby/match?gameId ... gue=164205
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wales would not have lived with that England performance today, are you sure we don't want them next week. Our attack and defence were the best I have ever seen, the ABs just had no idea how to break our tackling, Underhill, Wow what a disruptive player he is. Amazing result. I don't normally praise NO but today he did well for us.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Whilst it’s brilliant to see Tigers players doing so well as part of a successful England team, a part of me wishes they were wearing Tigers shirts and not England shirts...
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:27 pm Whilst it’s brilliant to see Tigers players doing so well as part of a successful England team, a part of me wishes they were wearing Tigers shirts and not England shirts...
They would look a bit odd if the rest were all wearing England shirts. :smt052
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I thought the second disallowed try was tough, I would argue it was Retallick’s hand that played it forward not George’s.

Feel bad for Underhill though 😂, that’s twice he has been disallowed versus the All Blacks.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:35 pm Who's a better 12 than OF? 🤔
Where is that credit you promised in another thread Scott1, for Ben Youngs after that performance?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:34 pm I thought the second disallowed try was tough, I would argue it was Retallick’s hand that played it forward not George’s.

Feel bad for Underhill though 😂, that’s twice he has been disallowed versus the All Blacks.
It was touch and go for Lennys try, but was there conclusive proof to overturn the on field decision of try.

Thought on the whole Nigel had a very good game, can see him being given the final and Wayne getting the 3rd/4th playoff
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:09 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:31 pm Down at the "One Eyed Turk" the feeling is Wales will walk all over SA and Eng-ger-land have peaked at the wrong time.

Some of the less optimistic believe if SA can keep 15 men on the pitch all game they will win.

Tough one to call.
Given the first comment Dai, are you sure it's the One-Eyed Turk you're drinking in and not the one-eyed Welshman? :smt003
VotC, Turks, in this instance refers to Llanelli fans.....a previous landlord was one such.

But you're right of course.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:01 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:09 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:31 pm Down at the "One Eyed Turk" the feeling is Wales will walk all over SA and Eng-ger-land have peaked at the wrong time.

Some of the less optimistic believe if SA can keep 15 men on the pitch all game they will win.

Tough one to call.
Given the first comment Dai, are you sure it's the One-Eyed Turk you're drinking in and not the one-eyed Welshman? :smt003
VotC, Turks, in this instance refers to Llanelli fans.....a previous landlord was one such.

But you're right of course.
I'm sure the Welsh coaches are out doing their rain dances ready for tomorrow. If the awful weather keeps up you'd have thought Biggar's kicking game and the Welsh back three being very good under the high ball will be a real asset. As long as Wales control the territory and don't allow that big Book team to gain momentum they'll do well.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:43 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:34 pm I thought the second disallowed try was tough, I would argue it was Retallick’s hand that played it forward not George’s.

It was touch and go for Lennys try, but was there conclusive proof to overturn the on field decision of try.

Thought on the whole Nigel had a very good game, can see him being given the final and Wayne getting the 3rd/4th playoff
Replayed, very clear that a NZ hand struck the ball from George's hand but he recovered it. TMO rubbish.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Replayed, very clear that a NZ hand struck the ball from George's hand but he recovered it. TMO rubbish.
I believe that he was the guy who saw nothing wrong with a horrendous forward pass that the on field ref rightly adjudged as forwards in one of the quarter finals
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:43 pm
jgriffin wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:28 pm

[/quote

I believe that he was the guy who saw nothing wrong with a horrendous forward pass that the on field ref rightly adjudged as forwards in one of the quarter finals
And I thought video evidence needed to be clear and obvious (like the Welsh try v France). Whichever way you see it, it wasn't clear. Or obvious.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Marius Jonker is his name......more like plonker!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity