New Rip Off Plastic Beer Mugs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: New Rip Off Plastic Beer Mugs

Post by johnthegriff »

Anybody else had a problem buying more than a four drink round?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

LE18 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 pm Is it a case for Weights and Measures?
Serving pints in vessel measuring exactly one pint? No, that's not a case for weights and measures. Do you say that to your local pub every time they dare to serve you a pint of beer in a pint glass?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Beer is supposed to be served with a head on it, the head is not part of the pint therefore the new cups are not holding a full pint. These new stacker cups are inferior to the ones used in recent seasons and being cheaper plastic the chemical reaction with the beer reduces its taste and flavour.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Scuttle wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:19 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:41 pm
watsonjm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:03 am While we're talking about the bars.... i was refused drinks on Saturday because I was buying a round of 6 drinks. Apparently there is a limit of 4 per person this year.

Why provide cups that can be stacked then not allow you to buy a round of more than 4 drinks!
Well that's not great, surely with cashless payment the bar staff should have loads of time on their hands to pour as many pints as I ask for? And it's not like rowdiness is much of an issue, been going to WR for 15 years and i've never seen a single fight.
Now I did once . Well more off a scuffly handbags. It was when we were playing a Welsh team in the last few years. It was outside the toilets and did involve a Welsh fan and somebody else unknown. Maybe he was just going for a leek 😂😂
I seem to remember there being some kind of scuffle on the terracing v Sarries about eight years ago when they bussed random punters up from Watford.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Years ago CAMRA tried to make it law that pubs had to use oversize pint glasses with a marked measure but the industry fought it and won - so most pubs still have brim measure glasses. So Tigers fans can thank themselves lucky they had a couple of years of measure plastic pots!

That said I largely avoid buying food or drink at the majority of sporting and concert venues these days. It's either inferior product, price or service. Sometime all three!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:26 pm
watsonjm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:03 am While we're talking about the bars.... i was refused drinks on Saturday because I was buying a round of 6 drinks. Apparently there is a limit of 4 per person this year.

Why provide cups that can be stacked then not allow you to buy a round of more than 4 drinks!
So when I go to the bar for myself, my 3 kids and 2 of their partners.........they're going to refuse to serve me???

Shurely shome mishtake?
If the rule is the same as other stadia, it is 4 alcoholic drinks per person, its an attempt to prevent binge drinking
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

How on earth can bar staff be expected to limit beer consumption when we have several public bars and many payment points. These days I steer well clear of large rounds but if I were to be involved in such it is no-ones business but my own, of course now we are cashless it maybe that there is a problem processing a payment above a certain amount. We should be told if that is the case.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:22 am How on earth can bar staff be expected to limit beer consumption when we have several public bars and many payment points. These days I steer well clear of large rounds but if I were to be involved in such it is no-ones business but my own, of course now we are cashless it maybe that there is a problem processing a payment above a certain amount. We should be told if that is the case.
Nothing to do with payment
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Stopped the 2 pint jugs? I usually have one first half,one second.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

My younger Daughter went to see the American Football last Sunday, at the new Tottenham football stadium, Hot Dog cost £9.95, Pint cost £8, should we consider ourselves lucky? :smt022
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

LE18 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:00 am My younger Daughter went to see the American Football last Sunday, at the new Tottenham football stadium, Hot Dog cost £9.95, Pint cost £8, should we consider ourselves lucky? :smt022
Went to a couple of baseball games in the US this summer, beer $9-12 a pop.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

biffer wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:44 am
LE18 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:00 am My younger Daughter went to see the American Football last Sunday, at the new Tottenham football stadium, Hot Dog cost £9.95, Pint cost £8, should we consider ourselves lucky? :smt022
.......and presumably that was for a small bottle of chemical fizz?
As Good As It Gets
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Scuttle wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:57 am
biffer wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:44 am
.......and presumably that was for a small bottle of chemical fizz?
a pint of rubbish domestic stuff for $9, but $11-$12 got you something good, from a small local brewery usually.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:54 pm Stopped the 2 pint jugs? I usually have one first half,one second.
Have they?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:03 pm Beer is supposed to be served with a head on it, the head is not part of the pint therefore the new cups are not holding a full pint. These new stacker cups are inferior to the ones used in recent seasons and being cheaper plastic the chemical reaction with the beer reduces its taste and flavour.
Sorry, but you're wrong. The head does count as part of the pint - generally it is considered acceptable for up to 5% of the pint to be head.