New Rip Off Plastic Beer Mugs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

New Rip Off Plastic Beer Mugs

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Experienced the new plastic Beer Mugs at WR on Saturday and as result took one home after the match to return next time.

I have just poured an exact pint into one and it has to be filled to the very top to get a pint in unlike last season when the plastic cup had a pint mark some half an inch from the top.

Looks to like a bit of a rip off as they will unable to provide a full pint in these plastic mugs and will spend a lot of time being asked to fill them to provide the full pint they are selling.

Sorry Tigers you need to do better.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: New Rip Off Plastic Beer Mugs

Post by Mark62 »

And we’ve just witnessed one of the best games in test match history, and you’re worried about a few missing cls
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Is it a case for Weights and Measures?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

LE18 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 pm Is it a case for Weights and Measures?
I am informed that this has been brought to the attention of the club.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:12 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 pm Is it a case for Weights and Measures?
I am informed that this has been brought to the attention of the club.
Thanks.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:31 pm And we’ve just witnessed one of the best games in test match history, and you’re worried about a few missing cls
Not to mention the dead in Japan :smt017
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

While we're talking about the bars.... i was refused drinks on Saturday because I was buying a round of 6 drinks. Apparently there is a limit of 4 per person this year.

Why provide cups that can be stacked then not allow you to buy a round of more than 4 drinks!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

watsonjm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:03 am While we're talking about the bars.... i was refused drinks on Saturday because I was buying a round of 6 drinks. Apparently there is a limit of 4 per person this year.

Why provide cups that can be stacked then not allow you to buy a round of more than 4 drinks!
So when I go to the bar for myself, my 3 kids and 2 of their partners.........they're going to refuse to serve me???

Shurely shome mishtake?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

watsonjm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:03 am While we're talking about the bars.... i was refused drinks on Saturday because I was buying a round of 6 drinks. Apparently there is a limit of 4 per person this year.

Well that's not great, surely with cashless payment the bar staff should have loads of time on their hands to pour as many pints as I ask for? And it's not like rowdiness is much of an issue, been going to WR for 15 years and i've never seen a single fight.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Well that's not great, surely with cashless payment the bar staff should have loads of time on their hands to pour as many pints as I ask for? And it's not like rowdiness is much of an issue, been going to WR for 15 years and i've never seen a single fight.
Now I did once . Well more off a scuffly handbags. It was when we were playing a Welsh team in the last few years. It was outside the toilets and did involve a Welsh fan and somebody else unknown. Maybe he was just going for a leek 😂😂
As Good As It Gets
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:26 pm

So when I go to the bar for myself, my 3 kids and 2 of their partners.........they're going to refuse to serve me???

Shurely shome mishtake?
Now come on Strawclearer you are better than that; they aren't going to make it THAT difficult. You could buy 3 x 2 pint jugs and ask for 2 extra empty glasses and decant. Or save 2 glasses from the previous game.
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scuttle wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Shurely shome mishtake?
Now come on Strawclearer you are better than that; they aren't going to make it THAT difficult. You could buy 3 x 2 pint jugs and ask for 2 extra empty glasses and decant. Or save 2 glasses from the previous game.
But do I bring the beans back and leave the fox on the other side of the river before collecting the goose? :smt017
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:16 pm

Shurely shome mishtake?
But do I bring the beans back and leave the fox on the other side of the river before collecting the goose? :smt017
2 pint glasses are not allowed now.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm

2 pint glasses are not allowed now.
This just gets worse! Next you'll be telling me they won't sell the contents of the drip trays in the ABC bar for 50p at chucking out time!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Shurely shome mishtake?
Now I know you're being silly. Of course you don't leave the Fox because Foxes dont like water. Bring the Fox and ask the goose to fly or paddle over the river.

We need to stop. I think the phrase is "I'll get my coat" isn't it?
As Good As It Gets