Borthwick

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Borthwick

Post by strawclearer »

Egerton has nothing new and Murphy enjoys full confidence. Nothing to see here!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm not cynical just experienced
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:13 pm Egerton has nothing new and Murphy enjoys full confidence. Nothing to see here!
I do think Egerton is stoking an unlit fire but think things have progressed for Radio Leicester to run with it.

One DoR; one Head Coach. Both at a similar level (see RC & MoC first time around). Throw Ford into the mix along with Boris, Blake, Brett and Mele all of a sudden our coaching set up looks very handy.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:47 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:43 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:39 pm

If Geordan was being replaced he would have left at the end of last season
Tell that to MOC
he was sacked for gross incompetence, this is a planned addition to the coaching team, if Geordan was being replaced he would have gone and Mike Ford appointed caretaker until after the World Cup
If you believe BT Sport Mike Ford is already DoR. That was the tag underneath his name when interviewed on the highlights show. Am sure just mistake
As Good As It Gets
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

One major change is before they were talking about after the 6 nations now its after World Cup
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scuttle wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Tell that to MOC
he was sacked for gross incompetence, this is a planned addition to the coaching team, if Geordan was being replaced he would have gone and Mike Ford appointed caretaker until after the World Cup
If you believe BT Sport Mike Ford is already DoR. That was the tag underneath his name when interviewed on the highlights show. Am sure just mistake
I'd imagine that was a mistake on their part - Ford is attack coach from what I recall and he's said in numerous interviews he has no desire to be a DoR again.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:24 pm Fabulous news if true.
Maybe a bit harsh on Bakewell, forwards seemed better against Exeter, assume he’s the one going.
Imagine it’ll be Murphy DOR , Borthwick, Head coach/forwards, Ford Backs
Given Bakewell’s track record of, “one good forwards game, then several unexplained poor games” I’d say we’re better off without him.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Great news, I think this means Geordan DoR and Borthwick head coach or vice versa.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:25 am Great news, I think this means Geordan DoR and Borthwick head coach or vice versa.
I think you’ve got it right. Geordan overseeing the overall picture but the vastly more experienced (better?) coach running the team itself.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Geordan obviously has a vision for tigers future, and I think he deserves the chance to try and see it through. Last season was :censored: but he got dropped in it big time.
Borthwick wants England head coach role, so becoming head coach of a prem side and doing well with them can only stand him in good stead.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Geordie does appear to be ideal for DOR role, overall view of entire playing side, think a more friendly Deano.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:18 am Geordie does appear to be ideal for DOR role, overall view of entire playing side, think a more friendly Deano.
Wot? Deano unfriendly? Never :smt002
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

A good Rugby brain. Short term - long term? So who's out of favour? Or are we getting a little top heavy.

Just when I thought things were settling down. Ch Ch Changes. :smt017 :smt017
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:53 pm
Scuttle wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 pm

I'd imagine that was a mistake on their part - Ford is attack coach from what I recall and he's said in numerous interviews he has no desire to be a DoR again.
I wouldn't claim to be Mike's close friend but have had several conversations with him including him telling me he had just signed his current contract at least 4 weeks before it was announced (sworn to secrecy which I did) and can so in every conversation with him , when the topic f HC or DOR came up he told me not interested at all - been there, done it - not again. Having said that, I haven't seen him for 5 or 6 weeks to chat to but don't think he will have changed his mind.
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

wellstiger wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:49 am A good Rugby brain. Short term - long term? So who's out of favour? Or are we getting a little top heavy.

Just when I thought things were settling down. Ch Ch Changes. :smt017 :smt017
Turn and face the strange.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni