cashless madness - or is it??

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

cashless madness - or is it??

Post by trendylfj »

I read about the cashless WR but have just been told that along with this is the fact that you can only obtain a refund for your glasses after the game is over. If true, what happens if you HAVE to leave 5 mins early?? If every glass has to be refunded after the game there will be a very very long queue - madness - If you have 3 or 4 pints then no-one is going to take 3 or 4 glasses home. I hope what I have been told is not true.
Hehehehehehehehe
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: cashless madness - or is it??

Post by johnthegriff »

When buying your second or subsequent pints you simply exchange your empty glass for a full one with no extra deposit being made. I am told that every service point will be able to refund the initial deposit to your card and I assume this is on request not necessarily after the match.
Personally I am not in favour of this decision as I believe the method of payment should be an option if necessary at seperate service points. I see problems for kids with no cards being unable to purchase soft drinks, crisps and programmes. I may of course be wrong, but I suggest that anyone not having difficulties on this or any other matter should let Tigers know.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:16 pm When buying your second or subsequent pints you simply exchange your empty glass for a full one with no extra deposit being made. I am told that every service point will be able to refund the initial deposit to your card and I assume this is on request not necessarily after the match.
Personally I am not in favour of this decision as I believe the method of payment should be an option if necessary at seperate service points. I see problems for kids with no cards being unable to purchase soft drinks, crisps and programmes. I may of course be wrong, but I suggest that anyone not having difficulties on this or any other matter should let Tigers know.
That would be the sensible way but the club sats this "The stadium's long-established cup return system will continue to operate, with the deposit for reusable cups refunded to the payment card used on their return post-match." Money back on the glass post match so if you only want one before the game you have to wait until after the match to return your glass - will will be queues as everyone who had a pint who wants to return the glass for a refund has to wait
Hehehehehehehehe
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I have dozens of cups, haven’t returned one yet, it’s a quid!

Nonetheless, I suspect you're taking the text too literal and there will be provision for returning before the end of the game.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Going cashless at WR will bring the ground in line with Twickenham and other stadia. It may reduce queues when purchasing but the losers here will be the kids who were previously seen gathering many discarded empties at the end of games and getting some easy pocket money.
The refund of the £1 deposit to a card will stop that. I know that the world is heading to be more cashless but couldn’t there be a cash option for the returns, with say a max 5 empties per person (child)?
(Let’s not discuss the discarding of empties - would a group consider leaving a £5 or £10 note on the floor?)
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I do not believe that this will improve the service in the bars and resent the removal of the cash option by the club. The Welford Road bars have seen the last of us for pre-match drinks as I am sure the local pubs will accept my cash and probably give me more change.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I have no feelings either way but at least people are aware of the situation before hand.
No one knows if it will improve the service, but no matter what cash will eventually go the way of cheques, and virtually disappear with contactless payments and phone apps taking over
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:52 pm I read about the cashless WR but have just been told that along with this is the fact that you can only obtain a refund for your glasses after the game is over. If true, what happens if you HAVE to leave 5 mins early?? If every glass has to be refunded after the game there will be a very very long queue - madness - If you have 3 or 4 pints then no-one is going to take 3 or 4 glasses home. I hope what I have been told is not true.
Easy, don't buy WR beer at exorbitant prices? :smt003
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

We’ll find out if it works on Friday, but the conception that kids don’t have cards is exaggerated unless you’re talking about 7/8 year olds, who shouldn’t really be buying food on their own anyway.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:25 pm We’ll find out if it works on Friday, but the conception that kids don’t have cards is exaggerated unless you’re talking about 7/8 year olds, who shouldn’t really be buying food on their own anyway.
If they don’t have cards they have an iPhone app
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:33 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:25 pm We’ll find out if it works on Friday, but the conception that kids don’t have cards is exaggerated unless you’re talking about 7/8 year olds, who shouldn’t really be buying food on their own anyway.
Yeah I was gonna say there’s Apple Pay.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:14 pm I have no feelings either way but at least people are aware of the situation before hand.
No one knows if it will improve the service, but no matter what cash will eventually go the way of cheques, and virtually disappear with contactless payments and phone apps taking over
Only if we let it go that way
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:40 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:33 pm
Yeah I was gonna say there’s Apple Pay.
How do kids have Apple Pay? Don’t you need a card to have Apple Pay? I don’t use it so excuse my ignorance.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes you need to have a card to have apple pay.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:34 pm Yes you need to have a card to have apple pay.
So it’s not any different to cards then is it? The answer to those people that want their kids to go and make their own purchase isn’t Apple pay. :smt017