PRC Round 1 - Warriors vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: PRC Round 1 - Warriors vs Tigers

Post by jgriffin »

Look at it from Wuss POV. They don't crush this team, bad for morale. Tigers take them to the whistle in close order, that is a big statement.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:02 am Look at it from Wuss POV. They don't crush this team, bad for morale. Tigers take them to the whistle in close order, that is a big statement.
If those guys want to get pumped up this game they could be telling themselves "everyone has written us off, this is a really strong Worcester team, perfect chance for me to make a statement to the coaching staff".

Geordan might not be so fussed by the result but he will be looking at how the players approach this, the ones fired up and scrapping for everything giving everything for the win can push themselves further into his thinking those that write this off as a game they can't win and treat as just a run out can pencil themselves into the A league this season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Looks like the defence is holding up!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TBP before HT,sound familiar?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

At least there was some symmetry between the teams at half time judging by the score :smt003
As Good As It Gets
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

From the updates it looked like we started really well and causing them problems but they were able to wear us down over the course of the half. Sadly predictable but our first team lost to this lot last season.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sorry this just isn’t good enough. No more to say!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Another close game by the looks of it 😂😂😂
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think it was inevitable
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If the likes of Van Velse are dumped back into the hole from whence they came in four weeks time all we be forgotten.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Looking forward to Chiefs next week,fantastic work by all involved 👍
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Worcester got it right: blend experience and youth not throw an inexperienced side in to lose so heavily. Our problems last year stemmed from not getting wins in this cup; Worcester got wins and momentum to finish far stronger than we did. I feel sorry for the youngsters at our club and Murphy seems to have learnt nothing from Pat Howard’s time at the club when in The Anglo Welsh he mixed the teams select up and we went on to win the final v Ospreys.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I would like to hear from someone who was at the game before the likes of Ian Cant start jumping on the bandwagon.

From the clubs match feed there appears to have been at least a couple of instances where we’ve been attacking in their red zone, then inexperience or impatience has led to turnover ball and Worcester scoring.
Good that we scored last, but as JP14 said it was sort of inevitable, when you’ve got a near first 15 against a development/ academy side
GeoffNeil

Post by GeoffNeil »

Renewed my season ticket, even though money and time is tight nowadays because I believed something better was round the corner!!! Wished I had not and before I get it is only the beginning of the season etc etc, it is another 50+ point thrashing. not good enough for the supporters especially those that believed something better was around the corner. Personally I think all the coaches should go now so we don't get another season of rubbish.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Relegation beckons :smt003 Already?

Sarries put 50+ on Wasps with a second/third XV. Must in the preparation?

Lets see how they respond to Exeter to make judgement?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat