Supporters Forum

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Supporters Forum

Post by ay2oh »

Apparently there was a supporters forum last night. Perhaps someone who attended could advise if there was anything new to report ? :smt003
A2O
Northenlad

Re: Supporters Forum

Post by Northenlad »

We tried the food that will be on sale, which was really good. Beef burgers (good, thick patties), Cajun Chicken Burgers, Hot Dogs with good sized Frankfurters in them, Sausage Rolls with Red Leicester, a variety of meat pies. Apparently there was some Vegan stuff as well! I tired the Chicken Balti Pie and the Sausage Roll and both were delicious.

The new caterers also do King Power so the people working behind the bars should have more experience, as they will be working more shifts across both King Power and us.

We have gone cashless and supporters (home and away) are being notified through various media.
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Northenlad wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:31 pm We tried the food that will be on sale, which was really good. Beef burgers (good, thick patties), Cajun Chicken Burgers, Hot Dogs with good sized Frankfurters in them, Sausage Rolls with Red Leicester, a variety of meat pies. Apparently there was some Vegan stuff as well! I tired the Chicken Balti Pie and the Sausage Roll and both were delicious.

The new caterers also do King Power so the people working behind the bars should have more experience, as they will be working more shifts across both King Power and us.

We have gone cashless and supporters (home and away) are being notified through various media.
Is the food a reasonable cost or will I still be leaving my cash (oh sorry, card) in my pocket out of principle of paying £4 for a burger?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:22 am
Northenlad wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:31 pm We tried the food that will be on sale, which was really good. Beef burgers (good, thick patties), Cajun Chicken Burgers, Hot Dogs with good sized Frankfurters in them, Sausage Rolls with Red Leicester, a variety of meat pies. Apparently there was some Vegan stuff as well! I tired the Chicken Balti Pie and the Sausage Roll and both were delicious.

Is the food a reasonable cost or will I still be leaving my cash (oh sorry, card) in my pocket out of principle of paying £4 for a burger?
I agree with your sentiment but that’s the going rate at any event catering these days, sometimes considerably morev
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:35 am

I agree with your sentiment but that’s the going rate at any event catering these days, sometimes considerably morev
These days 4 pounds is pretty cheap. Most places you'll be paying at least that for a pint let alone food.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

£4 for a burger, wow that's really cheap, I wish those prices would spread
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

if the staff are the ones currently working at the King Power I feel bad for you
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Can't be any worse than the shower there now,they just stand there gawping at you!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:23 pm Can't be any worse than the shower there now,they just stand there gawping at you!
imagine that but also struggling with the concept of pulling a pint
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:54 pm

These days 4 pounds is pretty cheap. Most places you'll be paying at least that for a pint let alone food.
£4 for a burger with 2 bits of bread beneath and above it? That’s not cheap. It may be the “going rate” but that doesn’t mean it’s cheap.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

For many years my wife and I met our friends a good hour before the game to drink and chat but the beer was awful last year as was the service so we decided to linger longer over our lunch in either The Rutland And Derby or The Knight And Garter: great food, superb beer and friendly service.
The King Richard 111 is now part of Sam Hagger’s pubs ( the other being the excellent Forge, Glenfield). Will do the same this season.
Call me old fashioned but me and my mates all pay for rounds using cash and I cannot wait to see how it works getting your pound( or several pounds if you,as sometimes happens, get the last round) back for the plastic jugs back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The club was saying that it would be refunded to your card
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:32 pm For many years my wife and I met our friends a good hour before the game to drink and chat but the beer was awful last year as was the service so we decided to linger longer over our lunch in either The Rutland And Derby or The Knight And Garter: great food, superb beer and friendly service.
The King Richard 111 is now part of Sam Hagger’s pubs ( the other being the excellent Forge, Glenfield). Will do the same this season.
Call me old fashioned but me and my mates all pay for rounds using cash and I cannot wait to see how it works getting your pound( or several pounds if you,as sometimes happens, get the last round) back for the plastic jugs back.
Agree about the Knight and Garter. Superb food and good service :smt003
A2O
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:30 pm

£4 for a burger with 2 bits of bread beneath and above it? That’s not cheap. It may be the “going rate” but that doesn’t mean it’s cheap.
It is cheap, anything less than the average is cheap and believe me this is far below the going rate for stadia food
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:05 am
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:30 pm

It is cheap, anything less than the average is cheap and believe me this is far below the going rate for stadia food
I disagree. Again, just because the price is apparently below the average, it doesn’t mean it’s cheap. All stadiums charge too much for food. If one stadium charges less that all the others who are overpriced, the “cheapest” one can still be expensive.