Premiership Sevens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Sevens

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:41 pm Don't see the logic in Hardwick going on loan when Ford is away?
Would leave us with only 2 10's 1 being a 12/10 also.

Costelow would make more sense if we was doing that.
If we need him he's more likely to be match sharp playing just up the road than he is sitting in the stands. I'd assume we'll see a Reid, Eastmond, Taute midfield with McPhillips benching so Hardwick getting game time under his belt is good. If the loan goes for the season then he could slot in at 12 once the Notts Canadian flyhalf returns from the world cup. Whether be plays some PRC first I don't know. Would be happy with Costelow going on loan as well think he could year up the Championship ball in hand.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

But what happens if one 10 gets injured?
Suddenly we have a 10 that's been training more at another club than with us.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:02 pm But what happens if one 10 gets injured?
He's spent the last 13ish weeks of pre season with us. I'm sure he can slot back in if he needs to. The only real concern would be if we had a flyhalf go down in the warm up then Costelow would have to come onto the bench and you'd be fingers crossed another didn't get injured.

Thought Lavin and Steward looked good in the second game as well. Steward looks a real unit for a fullback I can't imagine many teams will both trying to test him in the air. Lavin maybe putting his name forward for a shot in the PRC.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Good to see we have qualified for the quarterfinals but against Wasps again? I’m going to laugh if we beat them.

It’s the first fixture today as well.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

That's a bit boring you'd have thought we'd play the winners of another group. At least the lads will get home at a decent time. Wasps very much look like a team set up to go for the win. Be interesting to see them against Chiefs.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:15 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:02 pm But what happens if one 10 gets injured?
He's spent the last 13ish weeks of pre season with us. I'm sure he can slot back in if he needs to. The only real concern would be if we had a flyhalf go down in the warm up then Costelow would have to come onto the bench and you'd be fingers crossed another didn't get injured.

Thought Lavin and Steward looked good in the second game as well. Steward looks a real unit for a fullback I can't imagine many teams will both trying to test him in the air. Lavin maybe putting his name forward for a shot in the PRC.
Steward looks like a back row! It’ll be interesting to see more of him; it was hard to assess his pace when I only caught the back end of the Bath match.

As for Wasps, good to see Odogwu playing. Hopefully he can kick on and get some Prem game time, his time at Sale maybe justifying the decision to let him go. Wasps obviously take it seriously (Watson coaching, Kibirige brought in from Falcons - surely unlikely to get much Prem game time).
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am

Steward looks like a back row! It’ll be interesting to see more of him; it was hard to assess his pace when I only caught the back end of the Bath match.

As for Wasps, good to see Odogwu playing. Hopefully he can kick on and get some Prem game time, his time at Sale maybe justifying the decision to let him go. Wasps obviously take it seriously (Watson coaching, Kibirige brought in from Falcons - surely unlikely to get much Prem game time).
Had the same thoughts about Steward looks a good build for an 8. Browning looked out of his depth a little but is quick and strong and at 18 has plenty of time to develop.
Some lovely little touches from Mcphillips and isn’t afraid to mix it either
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am

Yeah Steward was taller than the backrows we had on the field. A big lad, his passing game looked good and he linked well but didn't really get chance to stretch his legs. Someone told me he has a bit of a cannon of a boot but lacks a little accuracy. Bit like Twelvetrees. Interested to see how he develops because if he works hard on his positioning, pace and aerial skills he could dominate the back field which in the modern game of kick to contest would be very helpful.

I suspect Kibirigie might get more game time at Wasps next season than he did for Falcons last. He fits in with the kind of winger they like and with Wade, Daly and le Roux all gone there's spaces available.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

26-20 to wasps at full time, a really good showing for our youngsters considering the experience disparity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Well one Wasps try there was a knock on at the breakdown and there was a forward pass so i’ll take that as a win.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:49 pm 26-20 to wasps at full time, a really good showing for our youngsters considering the experience disparity
Absolutely! Much better than our outing against them last night, if only we'd got all of our conversions, still....good experience for the lads and hey nearly pulled off a 'shock' against a side with (much) more experienced players.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:50 pm Well one Wasps try there was a knock on at the breakdown and there was a forward pass so i’ll take that as a win.
Agreed some really encouraging signs there
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Encouraging that the young lads were able to use the experience of last night to tighten up their play and run Wasps a lot closer.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:58 pm Encouraging that the young lads were able to use the experience of last night to tighten up their play and run Wasps a lot closer.
Yes particularly impressed with Browning given my earlier comment seems to have listened and learned which is all you can ask
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Browning, Law and Steward all impressive today, I wouldn’t bet against seeing them next week against Worcester or perhaps the following Friday.