Wales 1st in the World?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4839
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by WhitecapTiger » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Yet in a recent article, on SKY Sports website I think, EJ or journo mentions there is no such 'Law' in the same article where EJ says ref should have yellow carded himself.

Weird thing is, if the player going off had inadvertently got involved in play somehow would Eng have been charged with having too many players on pitch?

We all know Welsh teams get away with an extra player on...
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1487
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:28 pm

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:21 pm
Yet in a recent article, on SKY Sports website I think, EJ or journo mentions there is no such 'Law' in the same article where EJ says ref should have yellow carded himself.

Weird thing is, if the player going off had inadvertently got involved in play somehow would Eng have been charged with having too many players on pitch?

We all know Welsh teams get away with an extra player on...
exactly imagine if Bigger had scuffed the kick and it smacked Watson in the back, what the hell happens there? Is the ball live? Is it a scrum? If so who's feed?

all solved by simply waiting for Watson to get off the field of play

TigerBoy1880
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by TigerBoy1880 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Here we go. Found a bit more on it now. This is from WalesOnline though.

If the referee signals time on, which Gauzere did, then there is nothing in the law to say the yellow carded player has to be off the field so long as he doesn't affect play.

Therefore, the referee does not need to wait. He can restart when he wishes to.

It wasn't clear whether Gauzere knew that Heinz was going off for a HIA but, in terms of the complaint over Watson's presence on the field, Biggar was well within his right to take the penalty quickly.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2555
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by Scott1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:23 am

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but looks like there could be some shocking omissions in Argentinas RWC squad including Cordero,Isa and Imhoff!

h's dad
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: In front of pc

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by h's dad » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm

Cardiff Tig wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm
Does it actually say in the laws that you need to wait for the sin binned player to leave the field of play?

The HIA incident is no different to when play carries on and a player is receiving treatment on the field. There's nothing illegal about it. It was schoolboy rugby from England not being ready for the whistle.
But when a player is receiving treatment and there is a break in play, ie a penalty, play does not resume until the issue is resolved. I agree with your last sentence.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2367
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by Chobbsy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:19 pm

TigerBoy1880 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:31 pm
Here we go. Found a bit more on it now. This is from WalesOnline though.

If the referee signals time on, which Gauzere did, then there is nothing in the law to say the yellow carded player has to be off the field so long as he doesn't affect play.

Therefore, the referee does not need to wait. He can restart when he wishes to.

It wasn't clear whether Gauzere knew that Heinz was going off for a HIA but, in terms of the complaint over Watson's presence on the field, Biggar was well within his right to take the penalty quickly.
Incorrect, the world cup ref protocol is both HIA needs to be replaced and Yellow or red carded player has to have left the pitch prior to play resuming. This was not Wales fault but was a reffing issue. Bear in mind that all the warm up games are being played under world cup protocols
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by Cardiff Tig » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:45 pm

h's dad wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm
Does it actually say in the laws that you need to wait for the sin binned player to leave the field of play?

The HIA incident is no different to when play carries on and a player is receiving treatment on the field. There's nothing illegal about it. It was schoolboy rugby from England not being ready for the whistle.
But when a player is receiving treatment and there is a break in play, ie a penalty, play does not resume until the issue is resolved. I agree with your last sentence.
Yep, but that's the refs choice. It's a lot less common now but I remember numerous occasions when scrums and lineouts were started when there was a back being treated out the way on the field. Pretty sure its quite common for play to restart when the player is still walking off the field, especially if they are carded a large distance from the tunnel. It's just not normally noticed.

Anyway, my point was that it's not actually in the laws of the game AFAIK.

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1487
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Cardiff Tig wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:45 pm
h's dad wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm
Does it actually say in the laws that you need to wait for the sin binned player to leave the field of play?

The HIA incident is no different to when play carries on and a player is receiving treatment on the field. There's nothing illegal about it. It was schoolboy rugby from England not being ready for the whistle.
But when a player is receiving treatment and there is a break in play, ie a penalty, play does not resume until the issue is resolved. I agree with your last sentence.
Yep, but that's the refs choice. It's a lot less common now but I remember numerous occasions when scrums and lineouts were started when there was a back being treated out the way on the field. Pretty sure its quite common for play to restart when the player is still walking off the field, especially if they are carded a large distance from the tunnel. It's just not normally noticed.

Anyway, my point was that it's not actually in the laws of the game AFAIK.
if the protocol put in place says do not restarts until the sin binned player and medical staff/injured player are off the field and he restarts play that's not his choice that's him breaking the rules put in place for the game, refs are there to enforce the laws of the game not just the ones they feel like

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by Cardiff Tig » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:23 pm

But I'm yet to see this actually written down anywhere. All the match reports that talk about the incident cite how it's not actually a regulation. I'm happy to be corrected if someone can actually find proof of it!

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2555
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by Scott1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:44 pm

Good on Wales,it's our own fault for switching off. My gripe is Ben Youngs being pulled back for two perfectly good tap and gos. Watson was never a yellow either,the refs consistency throughout the game was none existant. It was a poor game all-round really as a spectacle,both teams holding a lot back. Nothing to read into for me.

h's dad
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: In front of pc

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by h's dad » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Cardiff Tig wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:45 pm
h's dad wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm
Does it actually say in the laws that you need to wait for the sin binned player to leave the field of play?

The HIA incident is no different to when play carries on and a player is receiving treatment on the field. There's nothing illegal about it. It was schoolboy rugby from England not being ready for the whistle.
But when a player is receiving treatment and there is a break in play, ie a penalty, play does not resume until the issue is resolved. I agree with your last sentence.
Yep, but that's the refs choice. It's a lot less common now but I remember numerous occasions when scrums and lineouts were started when there was a back being treated out the way on the field. Pretty sure its quite common for play to restart when the player is still walking off the field, especially if they are carded a large distance from the tunnel. It's just not normally noticed.

Anyway, my point was that it's not actually in the laws of the game AFAIK.
I was referring to your comment about the HIA, not the yellow card, I thought this was clear. I apologise for the lack of clarity if you thought that when I said receiving treatment, you interpreted this as the administration of a yellow card. LOTG? At the very least 10.4k although of course this is very rarely followed by the Welsh. Yes, the referee was also culpable in this instance.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by Cardiff Tig » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:07 pm

I understood that, hence discussion of players being treated in other parts of the pitch while play goes on/is resumed. In this case I'm talking about all treatment. Heinz was off the pitch, the fact the Youngs wasn't was due to the England's paperwork/organisation and the 4th official, not the ref. You can see Youngs waiting to come on but England management made a mess of it.

I mentioned yellow cards again as I would bet its common, I'm just not going to check past matches and see at what point the ref blows his whistle and where the offending player is...

There is no law that says the ref has to wait for anyone to do anything. I'll leave it at that. Professional players/coaches are complaining because they should never have let it happen in the first place.

Kjay
Tiger Cub
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by Kjay » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:17 am


BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2375
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by BFG » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:04 am

Kjay wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:17 am
Well there is now :smt001
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/world-ru ... and-match/
Does this mean the ref in the Wales V England match last weekend was well within his rights to play on quickly?
There are already too many long breaks in play, this is just adding to it.
It's allowing larger players to benefit more and more as they keep changing laws.
Scrums which should be completed in seconds are taking minutes just to set up and then minutes again to complete, line outs take an age, subs coming on is slow etc.
Everything has minutes for a breather included.
If they made them get on with it, as it should be because that's how it originally was, then these oversized players would be blowing after ten minutes, they'd need to be fitter and lighter, impacts would reduce, less HIA's etc.
Common sense!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3599
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by JP14 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

Unfortunately BFG, common sense does not prevail in the powers that be.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bendy and 2 guests