Jimmy.
Thanks for the illegal try explanation.
That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Wales 1st in the World?

Post by JP14 »

I was expecting Jones to be livid about the try blunder, instead he’s trying to heap the pressure on Wales instead because they can’t deal with it, example last week.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 am I was expecting Jones to be livid about the try blunder, instead he’s trying to heap the pressure on Wales instead because they can’t deal with it, example last week.
Yeah, Wales won’t win the World Cup. For what it’s worth, I don’t think England will either.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It will be between the boks and the All Blacks.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sjm
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by sjm »

On yesterdays performance neither team will win the world cup, so that leaves the way for Barnes the ref the final
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:57 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:50 pm I thought it was a load of rubbish from both sides, neither can win the World Cup playing like that in my opinion.
You could learn the Haka in the amount of time it took to complete scrums in that match.
I thought both sides and the officials were poor to be honest. England seemed to have lost their rhythm from last weekend, maybe knowing their going to a world cup is making them cautious. Wales still looked average and I agree with the above don't play an attractive style of rugby. It's efficient but they'll be looking for some serious improvement before Japan.

England continue to experiment but what I hope Jones has taken away from these games is how much better we look with two combative flankers who will terrorise the breakdown.

Sir made several school boy errors including blocking a Youngs pass to award a penalty and then calling back the quick tap so that the penalty could be taken a foot closer to the touchline. Amateur stuff really.
There were some excellent players on the pitch but it was pretty drab stuff.
You expect these coaches on half a million pounds a year to tactically bring a bit more than the endless one out boshing it up on show yesterday.
England do look so much better when they mix up where they carry with some varied depth from those backs behind.
When it takes Jamie George to come on and change the dynamic with some alternative positioning and footwork then you have to wonder what the instruction from coaches was to those starting, not a lot on the evidence!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sjm wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:04 pm On yesterdays performance neither team will win the world cup, so that leaves the way for Barnes the ref the final
Or NIgel as the welsh won’t be there either
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:05 am It will be between the boks and the All Blacks.
Wouldn’t disagree with you JP if the draw doesn’t mean they meet before then.

Tournament rugby is a funny thing though and I think that Australia, England, and France could all beat either of those 2 given the right circumstances
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:39 pm
johns12 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:35 pm Jimmy.
Why was the try illegal?
because when you sin bin a player you have to wait for him to leave the field before restarting play, Watson was still running off as the ball flew over his head, also England's medical personnel and water carriers were still on the field, which they shouldn't have been when play restarted.
Not just that, but Heinz was still leaving for HIA and BY had not come on, hence we were down to 13
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Does it actually say in the laws that you need to wait for the sin binned player to leave the field of play?

The HIA incident is no different to when play carries on and a player is receiving treatment on the field. There's nothing illegal about it. It was schoolboy rugby from England not being ready for the whistle.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

To be honest I am so bored with the amount and length of stoppages these days that I'd prefer play to be allowed to continue for yellow cards and substitutions.
Perhaps they'd not hit quite so hard and a bit more space might be available to play some proper rugby were they made to get on with it immediately and not have a breather every 30 seconds.
I would've sent all the front rows off on Saturday (just for the fun of it) and the game would've been better without them, timewasters in need of a good diet all of them! :smt003
El Guapo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by El Guapo »

I haven't logged into the Tiger's Forum for quite a long time - but now I have, I realise how much I've missed the pro England bias!
When they lose, the reasons generally are in the following order:

1 - bad refereeing
2 - biased refereeing
3 -opponents cheating
4 - bad luck

How about trying for a change - outplayed?
Cardiff Blues Supporter
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:35 pm I haven't logged into the Tiger's Forum for quite a long time - but now I have, I realise how much I've missed the pro England bias!
When they lose, the reasons generally are in the following order:

1 - bad refereeing
2 - biased refereeing
3 -opponents cheating
4 - bad luck

How about trying for a change - outplayed?
Outplayed by Garces a joke of a Ref whose incompetence over the yellow card handed Wales the game.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm Does it actually say in the laws that you need to wait for the sin binned player to leave the field of play?

The HIA incident is no different to when play carries on and a player is receiving treatment on the field. There's nothing illegal about it. It was schoolboy rugby from England not being ready for the whistle.
I have tried to find this law but cannot find it anywhere I’ve looked.

You would think that they’d want the sin binned player to have left the field before play continues but maybe not.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:39 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm Does it actually say in the laws that you need to wait for the sin binned player to leave the field of play?

I have tried to find this law but cannot find it anywhere I’ve looked.

You would think that they’d want the sin binned player to have left the field before play continues but maybe not.
Ugo Monye said it on Channel 4 at Half Time he had checked it out somewhere