England v Wales

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

England v Wales

Post by Chobbsy »

What will the team be and what will the outcome be?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Tigerbeat

Re: England v Wales

Post by Tigerbeat »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49293311

Confirmed line-ups

England: Daly; McConnochie, Slade, Francis, Watson; Ford, Heinz; Genge, Cowan-Dickie, Cole, Launchbury, Ewels, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Singleton, Marler, Williams, Kruis, Ludlam, Youngs, Marchant, Cokanasiga.

Wales: L Williams; North, J Davies, Parkes, Adams; Anscombe, G Davies; Smith, Owens, Francis, Beard, Wyn Jones, Wainwright, Tipuric, Moriarty.

Replacements: Dee, Jones, Lewis, Ball, Shingler, T Williams, Biggar, Watkin.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:48 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49293311

Confirmed line-ups

England: Daly; McConnochie, Slade, Francis, Watson; Ford, Heinz; Genge, Cowan-Dickie, Cole, Launchbury, Ewels, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Singleton, Marler, Williams, Kruis, Ludlam, Youngs, Marchant, Cokanasiga.

Wales: L Williams; North, J Davies, Parkes, Adams; Anscombe, G Davies; Smith, Owens, Francis, Beard, Wyn Jones, Wainwright, Tipuric, Moriarty.

Replacements: Dee, Jones, Lewis, Ball, Shingler, T Williams, Biggar, Watkin.
Marler, what an oxygen thief
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Jones has picked two exciting wingers with great pace, let's hope we can get quick ball to them.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Chobbsy, that a horrible thing to say about someone.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Willi Heinz as vice captain on his debut? I really think Jones tries to be too clever sometimes.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Not sure Watson will have the pace he once had.

Having ruptured his achilles twice in quick succession he certainly looked like he's borrowed one leg from a sparrow when he played at the end of the season. His long term career may be better served by not taking him to the world cup and giving him more rehab time. Wing is not an area England are short of and he didn't really cut it as an International full back before his injury so why risk his career and deny a fully fit player a chance?
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Selection of Ludlam in the squad now makes sense. Seems Eddie is considering going with the Underhill & Curry combo in backrow. Will be interesting to see how goes in this game against the much vaunted Welsh backrow.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:33 pm Selection of Ludlam in the squad now makes sense. Seems Eddie is considering going with the Underhill & Curry combo in backrow. Will be interesting to see how goes in this game against the much vaunted Welsh backrow.
I presume that Eddie has seen we need to be able to contest the breakdown far more effectively if we're going to make headway against some of the big teams at the RWC we can't just bully teams up front.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

I really can’t imagine that Mark Wilson won’t be starting the big games. I’m excited to see how Ludlam gets on.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Heinz is an odd one, is Ben Spencer injured? Jones does love to parachute in a slightly pointless ringer every now and again.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Duncan B wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:33 pm I really can’t imagine that Mark Wilson won’t be starting the big games. I’m excited to see how Ludlam gets on.

Yeah generally agree but will be interesting to see if Underhill & Curry is viable. I suspect the selection of McConnochie is a lot to do with his aerial ability as well - expecting a few cross field kicks from George on Sunday.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Should be an interesting game, lots of players playing for their place in the final 31which is announced on Monday.

Wales are virtually at full strength, probably start favourites.

I'm also very keen to see Underhill and Curry in tandem, supposedly Curry will play 6 and to be fair he is big enough to do so, also very quick and excellent on the deck.

I know nothing of Ludlum, so interested to see how he goes, supposed to be similar to Shields (hopefully better!).

Genge and Cole need big games to get into the squad.
Soggypitch
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

If the ABs lose to the Wallabies - which they are doing with 20 minutes to go - am I right in thinking England need to win to stop Wales going to #1 in the World rankings? Now - that's an incentive!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:15 pm If the ABs lose to the Wallabies - which they are doing with 20 minutes to go - am I right in thinking England need to win to stop Wales going to #1 in the World rankings? Now - that's an incentive!
You are quite correct....Wales need to win to confirm the number one ranking on Monday morning.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk