'Flexible' pricing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

'Flexible' pricing

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Not deterred by the baffling opacity of the national rail ticketing structure, Leicester Tigers are introducing a new 'flexible ticket structure'.

The flexibility, of course, is with the club and not the supporter. If you have the benefit of knowing long in advance that you can attend a game then you can get the best price. If not...
"Ticket prices may increase the closer to matchday."
Not only that, matches that are in greater demand will also increase in price, but matches in low demand won't go down in price...
"Match tickets will then be subject to flexible price increases dependent on availability and demand."
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: 'Flexible' pricing

Post by LE18 »

How can flexible pricing be fair to season ticket holders, is it discriminatory against those who are?
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

We've already had this for years, on the day tickets cost more, we've had bands of matches for a very long time so A* or platinum (I forget our euphemism of choice) games like Saints cost more.

If you're happy with the price then pay it, if you're not then don't. The most powerful thing you have is the pound in your pocket.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

LE18 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 pm How can flexible pricing be fair to season ticket holders, is it discriminatory against those who are?
Literally in what way?

Season tickets cost what they cost for 16 games, maybe they'll under cut season ticket prices on a per game basis but I cannot believe even the our genius high ups will do this.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yeh I don’t get how this is something new.
It’s not even being billed as something new on the website.

And really don’t get how it is discriminatory against ST holders
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

LE18 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 pm How can flexible pricing be fair to season ticket holders, is it discriminatory against those who are?
I think flexible pricing can make sense. If done properly it shouldn’t discriminate against season ticket holders. Trouble is though, we live in a world where someone will sell you a solution designed to maximise revenue in one industry, which is largely untested in your industry, and consequences can be severe.

Flexible pricing is diametrically opposed to brand loyalty. Imagine a world where you had to buy a Wasps shirt, sticking it through a cement mixer pre-wash to make it look like you had actually worn it - as if- and then trade it in to get a discount on a Tigers -offer only available to new fans - season ticket.

Tigers would do well to treat their season tickets holders as Crown Jewels.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

A friend is a football season ticket holder for Bristol City. His kids season tickets comes with a free football shirt/strip and also discounted rugby games and first dibs on bears tickets. Saves him £100 in kids football tops. However, season ticket holders have given their money up at the start of the season and attend most home games. Your casual supporter, me, i am a clubs dream. 2 or 3 games a season and I buy a top and loads of merchandise every trip and loads of beer. Season ticket holders are less likely to do that. Catch 22 for the club. They need to make the season ticket more desirable whilst keeping fans like me coming. By that I mean generic fans....I am always coming.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
glenn

Post by glenn »

Imho if it's a few days before any game and there is "n" tickets available, surely the marketing team should do their best to sell them at any price.
Getting £20 for a seat is better than nothing...... Right? Or on the flip side does it liquidise the brand, whereby occasional fans wait until last minute for cheap tickets?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I haven't compiled this list nor have I checked it - I simply 'copy & paste' it for your delectation! If accurate, it makes our prices look pretty good.....

MOST EXPENSIVE SEASON TICKETS:

1) Saracens - £1,130
2) Exeter - £775
3) Harlequins - £735
4) Northampton - £730
5) Worcester - £720
6) Sale Sharks - £700
7) Bath - £681
8) Gloucester- £625
9) Wasps - £565
10) Leicester - £550
11) Bristol Bears - £489
12) London Irish - £445

CHEAPEST SEASON TICKETS:

1) Bristol Bears - £175
2) Northampton - £190
3) Wasps - £200
4) Gloucester - £215
5) Leicester - £240
6) Worcester - £245
7) Sale Sharks - £259
8) Harlequins - £280
9) Saracens - £300
10) London Irish - £320
11) Bath - £339
12) Exeter - £370
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Been saying how expensive Exeter is, prices soared as the available income of the nouveau supporters did. First season my bro hasn't bought a ST (for the North stand) having had a membership/ST since Championship days. The Hooray Henries pay a bit more than £775 for their ultra tickets I believe, not sure if that includes the exclusive bar etc.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.