Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Kiwi hypocrites strike again!

Post by JP14 »

https://twitter.com/rugbyinsideline/sta ... 25601?s=21

Get down from your high horse! Halfwits!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Kiwi hypocrites strike again!

Post by Mark62 »

Much ado about nothing, and let’s draw the important distinction here this was the Maori not the full All Blacks.

Don’t get this New Zealand hate, mostly jealousy I think
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It’s not jealousy, it’s disrespect. How many times do we hear the NZRU/Press/Coaches complain about people challenging the haka yet the Maori didn’t have the balls or couldn’t be asked to face the Cibi when all teams face their war dance.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:50 pm https://twitter.com/rugbyinsideline/sta ... 25601?s=21

Get down from your high horse! Halfwits!
And yet your comments suggest otherwise.
Were you there do you know they were on their high horse.
Are all New Zealander’s half wits or just this 23b
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I was referring to the hypocrisy.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Anthem or dance a jig.
One or other. If teams want to do both then come out early on their own and not waste the opposition's time.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:58 pm Much ado about nothing, and let’s draw the important distinction here this was the Maori not the full All Blacks.

Don’t get this New Zealand hate, mostly jealousy I think
Doesn't matter whether it's the B side or the under 20s you go on to the field in the shirt you are representing the country. I'd say it was disrespectful.

As an aside I much prefer it when you countries performing the ceremonial war dance do it face to face at the same time, much better for atmosphere.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Just watched this through and read what Fox sports had to say and apparently this is the way the Maori prepare to accept a challenge and the video shows them breaking the huddle while starting their own Hakka.

Comments and maybe an apology JP14
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ritualistic or not, I still think it’s disrespectful.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:32 am Ritualistic or not, I still think it’s disrespectful.
What you think is immaterial if they are responding correctly within their culture, and the certainly weren’t being hypocritical.

In some nations a minutes silence is replaced by a minutes applause, do you find that disrespectful too
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:32 am Ritualistic or not, I still think it’s disrespectful.
It’s all ridiculous. It’s been nothing more than an advert for NZ’s sponsors for a decade or more; oddly tied in with fines for teams “disrespecting” the spectacle(/advert/joke).

It’s been turned into nothing more than an over choreographed boring pseudo tribal sideshow.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:43 am
What you think is immaterial if they are responding correctly within their culture, and the certainly weren’t being hypocritical.

In some nations a minutes silence is replaced by a minutes applause, do you find that disrespectful too
No I don’t but I don’t find the analogy relevant. Respect works both ways.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:59 am
It’s all ridiculous. It’s been nothing more than an advert for NZ’s sponsors for a decade or more; oddly tied in with fines for teams “disrespecting” the spectacle(/advert/joke).

It’s been turned into nothing more than an over choreographed boring pseudo tribal sideshow.
Which must be why a number of the larger New Zealand schools have Haka lessons, because they want to continue to disregard their heritage and turn it into a commercial entity
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:35 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:43 am

No I don’t but I don’t find the analogy relevant. Respect works both ways.
In what way is it not relevant, I’ve not read of one Fijian complaining of disrespect, maybe because they weren’t offended by the Maori actions.
But that’s ok because some dodgy rugby site and a teenager from Leicester do find it disrespectful and hypocritical
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think your underestimating, yes I have not seen officially any Fijian complain but I have seen a few people on Twitter (where else?) voice their concerns.