Rugby Championship - Week 1

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Rugby Championship - Week 1

Post by Scott1 »

I look at those SA 9s and think "livewires" I look at our Ben and think "laboured"
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:47 pm I look at those SA 9s and think "livewires" I look at our Ben and think "laboured"
What you should be looking at is the speed of the cleaners, which is why he is better for England than Tigers, I’m hoping that will be much improved next season for all our 9sv
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The SA scrumhalf conveyor belt doesn’t stop there, arguably their U20’s best player was scrumhalf Jaden Hendrikse (Sharks) is a name to remember.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Mixture of All Blacks 1st 2nd and 3rd choice hang on for a win in Buenos Aires
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Lavanini had another strong showing against New Zealand. Comment made by the Justin Marshall that he should maybe ship the ball on rather than carrying into contact, though I have seen him do this for the jaguares
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

All Blacks were lucky, no way was that maul sacked legally.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:22 am All Blacks were lucky, no way was that maul sacked legally.
They drove through it from the back, it what way was it sacked illegally? Because I didn’t see anything, and more importantly neither did one of the worlds top refs
Which player was it ?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think I saw a side entry, plus it was probably collapsed as what happens with every unplayable ball decision made. Ie it’s a :censored law that needs changing because it’s lazy defending. Refs are becoming better at officiating it, especially at mauls in open play.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:36 am I think I saw a side entry, plus it was probably collapsed as what happens with every unplayable ball decision made. Ie it’s a :censored law that needs changing because it’s lazy defending. Refs are becoming better at officiating it, especially at mauls in open play.
So in other words your guessing at what happened and could just have easily been defended legally, Retallick was seen telling the rest of the pack to hit it, and they defended within the existing laws
If it had been tigers defending like that you would have lauded it as great defence
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes Retallick was legal and I wasn’t referring to him, you would think I would laud it as great defence if that was Tigers, but I wouldn’t. I still think it’s lazy.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:33 am Yes Retallick was legal and I wasn’t referring to him, you would think I would laud it as great defence if that was Tigers, but I wouldn’t. I still think it’s lazy.
Playing within the laws lazy, very interesting take that, suggest you share it with your coaches
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

My view is that in whatever way a maul is brought down to the ground the ball should made available to play.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:39 am My view is that in whatever way a maul is brought down to the ground the ball should made available to play.
And I don’t disagree with you and if they were the laws of the game then that is how it would be officiated.
But it isn’t and they’re not, so it’s wrong of you to suggest that New Zealand did anything wrong.

Maybe next game you play you should only use the laws you think are correctb
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

That's not my priority in a game of rugby, doesn't matter if I disagree with one law, the ref or the coaches isn't going to do anything about it. I do whatever it takes within the law of rugby to win the game.

And that's exactly what the ABs did yesterday and fair play to them, I'm just voicing my view that the rule is :censored.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:22 am That's not my priority in a game of rugby, doesn't matter if I disagree with one law, the ref or the coaches isn't going to do anything about it. I do whatever it takes within the law of rugby to win the game.

And that's exactly what the ABs did yesterday and fair play to them, I'm just voicing my view that the rule is :censored.
But not illegal