Wippee Friday night game! PRC fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Wippee Friday night game! PRC fixtures

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Wippee Friday night game! PRC fixtures

Post by Scott1 »

Chiefs home Friday 27th September. Im all over it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I am planning to go to the Worcester away game on 21st September but have never visited Sixways. Please can anyone give a heads up on the best area in the ground to choose and any other tips re Sixways?

Johnthe griff are the away supporters club running a coach to this match?

Thanks.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

We will indeed be running a coach to this match as we will to all domestic away games. We will also be organising trips to Pau and Cardiff. I think Calvisano may prove to be cheaper and more comfortable to fly to as an individual rather than any form of group booking by coach or train, it certainly was last time we went there but the time of year can make a difference.
Details for all trips will be announced later!
Back to Worcester, they do not have terracing but there is some standing in front of the clubhouse, limited seating on that side. Cheap covered seating behind the goal at the clubhouse end but if you are too far back you can lose sight of the ball on high kicks. I prefer the big main stand opposite the clubhouse. Worcester fans I have always found friendly and it is a great place for food, faggots mash & peas about £6 a varied menu at about that price.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Thanks for the information John. I'll bear your recommendations in mind.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 pm Thanks for the information John. I'll bear your recommendations in mind.
The standing is great if you buy as soon as the tickets are out on the Wuss website, a few yards to the pie, curry, faggots & mash. BUT they changed caterers last year and the locals weren't happy. The bar and the loos are equally a few metres away. If you don't want to pay for parking, most park in the retail park and walk through the nature reserve - you can check how/where on googleMaps.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Thank you jg. Being a Crumbie regular I'd prefer to stand so I'll watch for the tickets going on sale.
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

By motorcycle is a good way to go, amble via back road scenery and then parking at the ground is free.
Of course winter games are not so amenable.