Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Just seen this on Facebook. Hope link works not done one before

https://www.rugbycoaching.tv/articles/w ... rldRugbyFB
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Rule Changes After World Cup?

Post by JP14 »

Nothing much there that hasn’t been heard before apart from jackalling. I would like to see double tackles outlawed as also I believe a high percentage of concussions come from defenders colliding into each other in said tackles.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Ashurstwoodtiger

JP14 Double tackle to be outlawed according to the article. Item before Jackling.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If these come into play full-time I'm walking away! 50-22???? Not tackling above the waist? Yeah coz that's gonna cut down concussion!!! Awful ideas!
Last edited by Scott1 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

My bad! Proposed the key word. Phew! Only really interested in outlawing the double tackle,the rest are preposterous.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 pm If these come into play full-time I'm walking away! 50-22???? Not tackling above the waist? Yeah coz that's gonna cut down concussion!!! Awful ideas!
The Championship had trial laws that lowered the tackle count only to see an increase in concussions. Can't see that going through.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... n/47000468
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes it's obvious there will be more head on knee or head on hip. Who comes up with these things?!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:52 pm JP14 Double tackle to be outlawed according to the article. Item before Jackling.
I am aware, I was just addressing that part of the article.
Ashurstwoodtiger

JP14 sorry misinterpreted your comment
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

Really hope some of these laws aren't made! It seems to me like it will make the game a game that only suits one size and one size only
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:01 pm JP14 sorry misinterpreted your comment
That’s fine.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

These see a bit silly. More kicking and more catch and drive.

Tacking below the waist will just put heads and knees together.

No jackaling is just a step nearer to rugby league. What needs to change is the clearing out to require players to stay on their feet rather than launch themselves at the player trying to take the ball. As it stands the laws only seem to be being applied to the defending side rather than the team in possession. Bring back rucking.

Banning 2 up tackling will be tricky. Player goes between two defenders and both will naturally attempt to tackle.
Similarly it will mean that smaller players will be ineffective in the tackle - slowing down a big opponent whilst support arrives will not be legal.
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 pm If these come into play full-time I'm walking away! 50-22???? Not tackling above the waist? Yeah coz that's gonna cut down concussion!!! Awful ideas!
Actually, the 50-22 rule can actually work well.

The Western Force have been trialing it in their 'Global Rapid Rugby' competition this year, along with removing Law 18.8, where teams are allowed to kick the ball directly in to touch from within their own 22. (effectively meaning that the ball cannot be kicked out on the full from anywhere in open play without the lineout coming back to in line with the original kick.)

What it does, is encourage attacking, running rugby and discourages excessive kicking for territory, keeping the ball in play for more of the match. Allowing the 50-22 kick (where the ball MUST land in play before crossing the touch line) rewards some kicking but still encourages attacking rugby. In practice, I expect it would be attempted far less than you think.

In islolation however, the 50-22 would certainly encourage more kicking for territory at the expense of running rugby.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I beg to differ,the 50/22 would encourage much more kicking from the FB and the FH playing deep. Leave it in Rugby League!
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Radical thought, but how about they try enforcing the laws we already have? (yes I'm look at you, every single player entering a ruck off his feet)
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..