Leicester Tigers up for sale for £60 Million

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers up for sale for £60 Million

Post by johnthegriff »

trouble is there are a lot of Bath residents who want it to remain a lovely City and do not want an unattractive large Rugby stadium built on their recreation ground. Twenty plus years since the game went professional and Bat still have a stadium not fit for purpose! All other Premiership have progressed massively in terms of ground facilities in the meantime.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:39 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:48 pm Let's hope we get an owner like Bruce Craig or Nigel Wray who really care for their club.
Wray yes, Craig I’m not so sure, be interesting to see how long he hangs around for now his pal Dyson is off to Singapore
Imagine Nigel Wray buying us and merging us with Sarries, with W.R. being the home ground! What a nightmare. :smt043 :smt043
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

If Nigel Weay bought us and we merged with Sarries how many of our players would get into the team?
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Depends how many the coach picked. If I was coach of that mythical team based on last season's teams, possibly only 3 - Manu, May and Ford.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Can't see Ford being picked in front of Farrell, Farrell is world class Ford is not in that class.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:29 am Can't see Ford being picked in front of Farrell, Farrell is world class Ford is not in that class.
Hmm Farrell is in so many areas exceptional but he has some pretty severe limitations. Outside of the incredible Saracens game plan he does not look nearly as brilliant. On the last Lions tour he found himself moved out of the 10 shirt to accommodate Sexton fairly swiftly. I'd say Ford is the more dynamic playmaker and is more likely to pick holes for runners and last season Farrell's kicking off the tee wasn't rock solid as normal he had some wobbles whereas Ford kept us up with his kicking.

Which you'd pick would depend on what you wanted from your flyhalf depending on your game plan.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Any nibbles( interest) yet ?????
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Ratcliffe is a keen cyclist and sailor, hence his involvement there. He's also a Chelsea season ticket holder.

I don't think there's any interest in rugby, or the city of leicester. Note that his football interest or rumoured interest is in Lausanne, Nice and London. If he were to buy a rugby club I don't think it would be in the Midlands somehow...
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:05 am Ratcliffe is a keen cyclist and sailor, hence his involvement there. He's also a Chelsea season ticket holder.

I don't think there's any interest in rugby, or the city of leicester. Note that his football interest or rumoured interest is in Lausanne, Nice and London. If he were to buy a rugby club I don't think it would be in the Midlands somehow...
Wrong geology for him to be interested in Leicester. Preston Grasshoppers maybe, or Blackpool.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=jgriffin post_id=722324 time=1563821889 user_id=9496]
[quote=Tiglon post_id=722297 time=<a href="tel:1563789959">1563789959</a> user_id=9329]
Ratcliffe is a keen cyclist and sailor, hence his involvement there. He's also a Chelsea season ticket holder.

[/quote]
Wrong geology for him to be interested in Leicester. Preston Grasshoppers maybe, or Blackpool.
[/quote]
I thought he was a big Man Utd fan, and Chelsea interest was speculative.
Also, I think polar opposite re geology- he wouldn't want his headline sports interests to have any association with his core businesses.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

There's a reason his office is in Knightsbridge, he owns a football club in Lausanne, and a season ticket at Chelsea, as well as being linked with Nice football club.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

All quiet on the western front...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:28 pm All quiet on the western front...
Too quiet maybe.
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 pm trouble is there are a lot of Bath residents who want it to remain a lovely City and do not want an unattractive large Rugby stadium built on their recreation ground. Twenty plus years since the game went professional and Bat still have a stadium not fit for purpose! All other Premiership have progressed massively in terms of ground facilities in the meantime.
On a recent trip to Bath I noticed an archaeologist supervising an excavation in one of the the in goal areas. It could be that they were searching for a specific artefact from the Roman era eg the time capsule containing the key to their trophy cabinet.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Not a jock wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:02 am
johnthegriff wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 pm trouble is there are a lot of Bath residents who want it to remain a lovely City and do not want an unattractive large Rugby stadium built on their recreation ground. Twenty plus years since the game went professional and Bat still have a stadium not fit for purpose! All other Premiership have progressed massively in terms of ground facilities in the meantime.
On a recent trip to Bath I noticed an archaeologist supervising an excavation in one of the the in goal areas. It could be that they were searching for a specific artefact from the Roman era eg the time capsule containing the key to their trophy cabinet.
Probably searching for Bruce Craig's conscience... :smt044