Leicester Tigers up for sale for £60 Million

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Redstripeman

Re: Leicester Tigers up for sale for £60 Million

Post by Redstripeman »

... I am not sure why this has now drifted to the merger of home venue of both clubs if owned by King Power.
There is no way King Power would want to remove Tigers from WR as they believe in keeping to the tradition of their acquisition and even though they may have little knowledge of the history of the club, they, like with the take over of LCFC seek out to adhere to the existing principles.
The prospect of Martin Johnson as a consultant or any other Tiger stalwart guiding them would be a chance to revert to the family values as has been forged at LCFC.
This is a chance to reset this club how we would want it to be.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Pure idle speculation here, but has anyone any thoughts as to how they would feel if say Jim Ratcliffe were to bid to buy the club?
I have no idea if he has any interest in rugby, but he seems to want to invest heavily in sporting activities - Ben Ainslie's British America's Cup, British Triathlon, Team Ineos cycling and allegedly has made enquires about Chelsea and French club, Nice.
He has the money, but how would folk feel about being linked with Ineos and it's activities?
There is a school of thought that these sporting investments are a form of 'greenwashing' - filling his company news website with good-news stories and distracting from it's more controversial core activities.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

That would be great !
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

It is quite simple for me and I don't know the answer - if we did sell the club for 60m, what exactly are they buying? The real estate? The shares from various board members? How much of the money goes into the club kitty? What does the"new" board intend to spend the money on if there is money in the kitty?
Hehehehehehehehe
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

MurphysLaw wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:49 am Pure idle speculation here, but has anyone any thoughts as to how they would feel if say Jim Ratcliffe were to bid to buy the club?
I have no idea if he has any interest in rugby, but he seems to want to invest heavily in sporting activities - Ben Ainslie's British America's Cup, British Triathlon, Team Ineos cycling and allegedly has made enquires about Chelsea and French club, Nice.
He has the money, but how would folk feel about being linked with Ineos and it's activities?
There is a school of thought that these sporting investments are a form of 'greenwashing' - filling his company news website with good-news stories and distracting from it's more controversial core activities.
Very not interested, especially since he is a massive tax dodger as well as a Brexit leg artist like Dyson..
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Jim Ratcliffe can frack right off!!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:10 am It is quite simple for me and I don't know the answer - if we did sell the club for 60m, what exactly are they buying? The real estate? The shares from various board members? How much of the money goes into the club kitty? What does the"new" board intend to spend the money on if there is money in the kitty?
From what I can see, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, the buyers would get the shares currently owned by Peter Tom and Tom Scott. The money would pass directly to them, as with any private sale, not into the clubs coffers. In some respect, the hullaballoo about the club putting itself up for sale is mis-leading, as that happened a while ago when those shares were issued. The big change would be that the buyer/s would have a controlling interest. That hope has to be that it would be benign and that they would feel like chucking a load of money in the direction of the club - but they wouldn't have to.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

loretta wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:44 pm
trendylfj wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:10 am It is quite simple for me and I don't know the answer - if we did sell the club for 60m, what exactly are they buying? The real estate? The shares from various board members? How much of the money goes into the club kitty? What does the"new" board intend to spend the money on if there is money in the kitty?
From what I can see, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, the buyers would get the shares currently owned by Peter Tom and Tom Scott. The money would pass directly to them, as with any private sale, not into the clubs coffers. In some respect, the hullaballoo about the club putting itself up for sale is mis-leading, as that happened a while ago when those shares were issued. The big change would be that the buyer/s would have a controlling interest. That hope has to be that it would be benign and that they would feel like chucking a load of money in the direction of the club - but they wouldn't have to.
Quite - but the intention of the sale appears to be to find a partner that will invest for success on the field.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

The Club being put up for Sale means just that - not just the shares of Messrs Tom and Scott , but the whole lot . That's why all shareholders got a letter explaining that .
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

If the requisite percentage of acceptances is achieved, the buyer will purchase all of the shares and assume sole responsibility for everything to do with the club, all its assets and liabilities, staff, contractual arrangements etc. What they do then is entirely up to them.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Let's hope we get an owner like Bruce Craig or Nigel Wray who really care for their club.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:48 pm Let's hope we get an owner like Bruce Craig or Nigel Wray who really care for their club.
Wray yes, Craig I’m not so sure, be interesting to see how long he hangs around for now his pal Dyson is off to Singapore
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

I think Bruce Craig is there for the long term, he is passionate about Bath, he has made it very clear he will build a new stadium for Bath with or without Dyson.
The kind of owner we need.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:48 pm I think Bruce Craig is there for the long term, he is passionate about Bath, he has made it very clear he will build a new stadium for Bath with or without Dyson.
The kind of owner we need.
I hope you’re right for Baths sake, but their new stadium is taking on the same mythical status as Wasps training ground
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Baths stadium plans go before planning at the end of summer, don't know the exact date. It's not Bath Rugby holding up planning permission it the planning office who work to their own agenda and pace.
I hope they get planning permission as it will be a great place to watch rugby in a lovely city.