Who would you like first Game ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Who would you like first Game ?

Post by kk20gb30 »

Fixtures released today for 2019 - 20 Season.
Any preferences for the first game of the season ?
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Who would you like first Game ?

Post by BigDan50 »

Saracens, let's get off to a winning start against the champions.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:08 am Saracens, let's get off to a winning start against the champions.
Got your wish....Sunday 27th October.3pm kick off
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Think you have to be fairly happy with those first couple of fixtures a lot will depend of course who if anyone is back from the World Cup.
Other than our English contingent I think we would be without Taufua and Lavanini
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Wuss could be a blessing or a curse. Win a very win-able game and we're off to the races, lose against the weakest team in the league and its back to business as usual.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Did I guess right?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yeah Wuss away ,do I get a prize?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Does anyone know how many PRC games we have before our first league game?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

We will have world cup players away at least until the European fixtures as players will need a break, i am not sure how many Worcs, Gloucester or Irish players will be affected. Saracens of course will be hit hard. The end of the season will also be tough for players that have been involved in Japan as they tire. Squad depth is going to be very important, our youngsters will have to grow up quickly.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:32 pm We will have world cup players away at least until the European fixtures as players will need a break, i am not sure how many Worcs, Gloucester or Irish players will be affected. Saracens of course will be hit hard. The end of the season will also be tough for players that have been involved in Japan as they tire. Squad depth is going to be very important, our youngsters will have to grow up quickly.
Interesting point. Of our 6 English players, though I think one of our props may miss out, the only ones I think that will be worked hard in the World Cup, are Youngs, May, and possibly Tuilagi.
None of the other 3 are 1st choice for their positions so may return relatively fresh
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I agree with Mark,Genge looks like missing out. Cole will be playing the first couple of games then we will probably won't see him again bar injury so he will be relatively fresh. Ford "might" start the first couple then he will only get 2/3 minutes when Farrell moves to 12 at the end of a game although that could change depending on Manus fitness. That why we have to take Teo if fit,Ford,Farrell,Slade fills me with dread! Anyway I digress but just my thoughts.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

October seems like a long time to wait though. Is it later than usual? I guess it is a sign that I am looking forward to the new season on the back of the new signings.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's later due to the RWC RichieB
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RichieB wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:14 pm October seems like a long time to wait though. Is it later than usual? I guess it is a sign that I am looking forward to the new season on the back of the new signings.
Yes because of the World Cup the season has been moved around. Premiership Cup will be played through September and European fixtures are a lot closer together
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Do you know when PRC fixtures are released Mark?