pre-season friendlies

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

pre-season friendlies

Post by 20yearsatiger »

any one got any idea on either who we're playing and when...and if not, any idea when this gets announced?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: pre-season friendlies

Post by RagingBull »

No preseason friendlies.

Prem Rugby Cup is at the start of the season and then the Prem starts after,
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:43 am No preseason friendlies.

Surely the players not involved in the World Cup will need to gain match fitness before the Prem Rugby Cup?
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:43 am No preseason friendlies.

Really surprised to hear that. Would’ve thought they’d want a couple of games to try out new squad players and, hopefully, make sure line out is not a farce again this year
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I think it’s wrom to assume there won’t be some pre season games arranged just that they won’t be before the paying public
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:35 pm I think it’s wrom to assume there won’t be some pre season games arranged just that they won’t be before the paying public
They’ll be joint training sessions I’d imagine. Last time we had the Kings of the North competition what’s stopping them from doing something like that again.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:32 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:35 pm I think it’s wrom to assume there won’t be some pre season games arranged just that they won’t be before the paying public
They’ll be joint training sessions I’d imagine. Last time we had the Kings of the North competition what’s stopping them from doing something like that again.
Difficult isn’t it, the coaching staff no doubt have their reasons and are possibly wanting to try something different. As you rightly point out the pre season games don’t really give any pointers to what lies ahead
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I am disappointed that there are no public pre-season games but with the advent of the World Cup just how many of the actual Premiership squad would be available to play to make them worthwhile, the same would apply to potential opposition so who would we play? With no real value matches would just be a needless expense. The Premier Cup games will be meaningful for the team and fans alike although for me personally not as good as a trip to Treviso, Jersey or even Cornish Pirates.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Fixtures Wednesday boys!
I'll say Wuss away first up. Guesses?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:34 pm Fixtures Wednesday boys!
I'll say Wuss away first up. Guesses?
Home to Glaws
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

What!! No pre-season friendlies? How can a supporter go into a full prem season without at least one pre-season beer session.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerCam wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:09 pm What!! No pre-season friendlies? How can a supporter go into a full prem season without at least one pre-season beer session.
Yes I loved my Friday night WR warmup games!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:13 pm
TigerCam wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:09 pm What!! No pre-season friendlies? How can a supporter go into a full prem season without at least one pre-season beer session.
Yes I loved my Friday night WR warmup games!
They are the only games I can attend due to work. The Friday night games in preseason. I had an excellent time last year with a couple of regular supporters who are on the forum their name escapes me and even had a free ticket to boot which did cost me a couple of beers!