Re: Super Rugby Final

Post by Dangerous4 »

Those two should be pretty awesome for us next season. :smt045
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Will Spencer is quoted at 19 stone 3 pounds on Wickapedia. What has our training done to him? Or is one of the statements wrong?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:57 pm Will Spencer is quoted at 19 stone 3 pounds on Wickapedia. What has our training done to him? Or is one of the statements wrong?
I'd say our website is most likely to be wrong,I believe last season they had Wells at 12 stone 7 😂😂😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Forgive me if I’m off the mark but I believe the Jaguares could have been given a penalty try as Hall dislodged the ball after the tackle was made before the try line which is illegal, is it not? :smt017
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:20 pm Forgive me if I’m off the mark but I believe the Jaguares could have been given a penalty try as Hall dislodged the ball after the tackle was made before the try line which is illegal, is it not? :smt017
Clutching at straws imo at worse it was knocked during the tackle as he reached for the line, and ball may even have been over the line in which case all is fair

All,in my opinion of course
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

At the end of the day wouldn't have mattered much as the Crusaders, quite surprisingly, had a massive advantage in the scrum.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:16 pm At the end of the day wouldn't have mattered much as the Crusaders, quite surprisingly, had a massive advantage in the scrum.
When you consider the quality of previous Argentinian props, and we were fortunate to have one of the very best, their current crop is very poor. Their scrummage has been poor throughout the tournament.
It may that hookers now having to strike for the ball has hampered them as their technique was very much to push over the ball.
Also, IMO, Montoya is a much better hooker than Creevey now, but Creevey reputation means he starts
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:16 pm At the end of the day wouldn't have mattered much as the Crusaders, quite surprisingly, had a massive advantage in the scrum.
The Crusaders front row is normally three ABs including Franks. Meaty second row in behind as well. Not to be trifled with.

I presume the best Argentinean props have very handsome offers from Europe and particularly France so perhaps are already tempted away. Maybe it's the other way round and that because the props are now playing Super rugby there's a bigger emphasis on being mobile and competing around the park as opposed to the set piece which is a bigger part of NH rugby. Not sure.