Super Rugby 29/06

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Super Rugby 29/06

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:27 am Trying to think the last time Tigers had signed 1 player directly from a super rugby finalist team (of that season) let alone 2.
I think it was Scott Hamilton way back in 2008 when he started on the Wing v the Waratahs.
Think your right, closest in more recent times would have been Betham when the Waratahs were semi finalists in 2015
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm excited,we've got 3 pack players from the two best teams and the best SA team. Pack should be monstrous this season!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Be careful Scott being too positive will upset the doom mongers :smt003
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:12 am Be careful Scott being too positive will upset the doom mongers :smt003
I'm a bit of a doom monger myself when it comes to the coaching team,only a bit though :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

In the previous semi, I thought Lavanini had his best game of the season by a long way - seemed far more involved and I suppose he was 'up for it' as it was a semi. He did drop one cold, but showed good hands to scoop another ball off the deck and pass cleverly. Battered over for a close-range try.
The Brumbies were absolutely dire - perhaps the worst team I've seen for a long time - although Lockie had a typically hard-working and solid game.
Matera - as usual - was outstanding. How far has he developed since his youthful days at Welford Road?
I would still take Crusaders to win next week, but the Jaguars are no mugs - a bit like Exeter, maybe, but with a better kicking game.