LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 1

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
kpj tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1963
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by kpj tiger » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:09 am

Levanini, Taufua and Leibenberg have the potential to transform our 1st choice pack from mediocre to exceptional

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2579
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by Scott1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:22 am

kpj tiger wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:09 am
Levanini, Taufua and Leibenberg have the potential to transform our 1st choice pack from mediocre to exceptional
With the right coaching yes!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3622
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by JP14 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 am

Ball carrying dominance doesn’t take too much coaching, neither does intelligence, but Tigers forward’s should really start to learn to carry at spaces rather than people.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3622
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by JP14 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:00 pm

In Tigers latest tweet, who is the guy on the far right?

https://twitter.com/leicestertigers/sta ... 51264?s=21
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: Staffs

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by FrontRowUnionMember » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Looks like a prop. There’s a prop from Loughborough who played a few games for the A Team last season, Osman Dimen?

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7068
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by RagingBull » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Cortes?
Too old to be a student by the looks of it.

Boris getting his lad involved early I see.

kpj tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1963
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by kpj tiger » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:55 pm

FrontRowUnionMember wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:26 pm
Looks like a prop. There’s a prop from Loughborough who played a few games for the A Team last season, Osman Dimen?
Think your right

FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: Staffs

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by FrontRowUnionMember » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:05 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:27 pm
Cortes?
Too old to be a student by the looks of it.

Boris getting his lad involved early I see.
Cortes is stood behind Wells I think.

Bit of internet detective work...
https://deskgram.net/osmandimen

Could he be an addition at prop then? Or just on trial?

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7068
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by RagingBull » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Props really do age a lot, he's only 20!
Could be trail, could just be making up the numbers with Cole and Heyes away.

He's a tight head right?

Seniors
1. Genge, Bateman, Gigena, Hills
3. Cole, Heyes, Leatigaga, Cortes

Development
1. Grahamslaw, Lines
3. Dimen, Whitcombe

Numbers would line up though.

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2382
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by BFG » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:04 pm

JP14 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 am
Ball carrying dominance doesn’t take too much coaching, neither does intelligence, but Tigers forward’s should really start to learn to carry at spaces rather than people.
Agree with this, there are times taking the contact is the best option but you don't see the ball moved enough these days.
They have to try and move the ball a bit more in my opinion, outside arcs and inside pops etc.
Get players hitting spaces and the Leicester backs will strike.

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3135
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by sam16111986 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:45 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:26 pm
Props really do age a lot, he's only 20!
Could be trail, could just be making up the numbers with Cole and Heyes away.

He's a tight head right?

Seniors
1. Genge, Bateman, Gigena, Hills
3. Cole, Heyes, Leatigaga, Cortes

Development
1. Grahamslaw, Lines
3. Dimen, Whitcombe

Numbers would line up though.
If he impressed in the A league last season it makes sense to get him in for a run out over preseason as next season is almost a freebie with him likely to be finishing his third year at Loughborough so we could develop him and use him in the A league with a pro contract waiting for him after graduation should he be up to it. Plus Loughborough Uni play at a good level so we know he'll be still developing over this season.

Given our closer ties with the uni I'm a little surprised our preseason isn't taking place there whilst it is mainly empty. The set up their is excellent and above anything we have at Oval Park.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3622
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by JP14 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:19 pm

Interesting question but forgive me if I’m wrong but aren’t Loughborough Uni facilities multi-purpose, ie they’re always in use.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2579
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by Scott1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:27 pm

3 teams in for Wilson, ourselves, Quins and Sale.

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4840
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:59 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:27 pm
3 teams in for Wilson, ourselves, Quins and Sale.
Mark Wilson?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3135
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by sam16111986 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 pm

JP14 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:19 pm
Interesting question but forgive me if I’m wrong but aren’t Loughborough Uni facilities multi-purpose, ie they’re always in use.
I'm sure they rent various bits out during the summer in order to maximise revenue. I'm also sure they'd like to publicise the fact that Leicester Tigers are using the Uni as their base for the preseason training. I doubt it would be difficult to come to an agreement. Enough athletes etc use it all year round.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ABClub and 2 guests