Post by chewbacca »

We could ground share with the nomads in Coventry. :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Leicester Tigers up for sale for £60 Million

Post by teds »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:10 pm I believe that the small shareholders don't have a say in if they want to sell their shares or not if someone wants to buy the whole thing.
Looking into this it depends upon whether an agreement is in place in form of a shareholders agreement, which usually either specifies a price for the forced buyout or a mechanism to determine a price. Perhaps someone who owns some Tigers shares can confirm if they have such an agreement. If there is no agreement in place, it can be much harder to force minority shareholders to sell.

Apologies RB if this what you meant.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Looks to me like the threat of relegation has scared someone.
Also well timed given that I expect that most ticket renewals are done.
It might be a very good thing and it might not be, into the unknown.
For every Saracens there is a London Welsh.
I do feel for the small shareholders though who's personal attachment and some of which have been for many many years as life long supporters may be no more if the entire club is sold.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Personally I think this fantastic news.... with the proviso I'm not sure if I trust the board to choose the right buyers!!

But really, it's what we need. People have been saying on here for a while that things are not right off the pitch resulting in a lack of accountability.

Also that in terms of coaches, facilities, S&C, etc. others have overtaken us resource wise.

Nothing is guaranteed but I am looking forward to a gust of fresh air blowing through the club.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:56 pm Personally I think this fantastic news.... with the proviso I'm not sure if I trust the board to choose the right buyers!!

But really, it's what we need. People have been saying on here for a while that things are not right off the pitch resulting in a lack of accountability.

Also that in terms of coaches, facilities, S&C, etc. others have overtaken us resource wise.

Nothing is guaranteed but I am looking forward to a gust of fresh air blowing through the club.
Or hot air, we will see!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

personally I would love it if King Power bought the club, as would the majority of Tigers fans
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If we were bought by King Power the only ground sharing I can foresee is Tigers using the Walkers Stadium in European quarterfinals and semifinals.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JP14 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:14 pm If we were bought by King Power the only ground sharing I can foresee is Tigers using the Walkers Stadium in European quarterfinals and semifinals.
there wouldn't be a ground share, the people behind King Power are big on respecting tradition but most importantly they put as much emphasis on infrastructure as they do spending on the playing squad and that is the area Tigers need to improve on the most
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

As our friends across the pond will tell you, money talks, the question is who is it talking to?

We have endured several seasons of mediocrity all in the name ''of balancing the books and building for a long term sustainable future'', what has changed?

Will the money buy better training facilities? when we allegedly have the best in the league already!

Will it buy a better pitch? see above.

A better ground? see above.

Or a larger playing budget? oh sorry we are spending up to the limit already!

A better coach, or even a capable coach should not entail selling the whole club to buy them.

So can someone tell me what is the benifit for the club, I can see benifit for some, who wish to cash in at as they are stepping back from other commitments, but the club no, with the assets the club have, short term finance should not be a problem so why the sale, at the bottom of the market as well!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:48 am Unless you know how much the likes of Bath, Bristol, Sarries, Racing etc etc sold for not sure how you can say it’s low.

French sides are irrelevant. Look at the rubbish grounds of Sarries and Bath etc. Ours is the best club ground in England. Look at support figures, and training ground etc. I would say sixty million is a snip. :smt045
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Well we could limp along as a bottom half of the table team and watch the support slowly drift away or do something radical. :censored: or bust time.
I'm not cynical just experienced
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

People called for it. It makes sense. Can only hope that they only sell out to the right person/group.

Just don’t make us like F1 - we don’t need music at breaks. We don’t need fireworks before kickoff. We want them on the pitch, during the 80 minutes.

Come on rugby - you got this.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Smudge wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:26 am I have always looked upon our family club status as something to be proud of, likewise our careful accounting.
One thing you can be sure of, big money coming into the game will change it beyond all recognition.
I can see the EPL following Wendyball so that 90% of players will be from overseas. To the detriment of England.
You can bet your boots that the sale of part of the EPL will mean that the "crimes" of Saffacens will go unpunished.
Yes, I think you may well be right regarding Sarries. However, we have to be able to compete with our rivals.

Oh for the good old amateur days.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:18 am Sadly there will be a time when the cap goes and when we have transfer windows with a league littered with the world's best players at the expense of our national team. Sound familiar?
Yup. One of the downsides, Scott1.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Will this affect the building of the hotel? I'm not certain, but I think it must. :smt017