Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3473
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm
Rather have someone like Lachlan Mcaffrey instead of Luke Hamilton back again if we needed an injury replacement for David Denton.

Dream world it would be someone like ED or LS, shame that Amanaki Mafi had that massive issue last year as he was my choice 8 if I could’ve picked one although not sure Mike Ford being here next season would help in signing him!

A starting back row of Jordan Taufua, Guy Thompson and Hanro Liebenberg would be a very good back row, but with every it’s more about depth although Tommy Reffell looks very good.
Not sure you were taking the mick or you had little time so I’ve decoded all your acronyms, apart from ED and LS as I have no idea as to who they are.

It is shame Mafi is currently in turmoil as I wanted him to be a Tiger too.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2447
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Scott1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pm

JP14 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm
Rather have someone like Lachlan Mcaffrey instead of Luke Hamilton back again if we needed an injury replacement for David Denton.

Dream world it would be someone like ED or LS, shame that Amanaki Mafi had that massive issue last year as he was my choice 8 if I could’ve picked one although not sure Mike Ford being here next season would help in signing him!

A starting back row of Jordan Taufua, Guy Thompson and Hanro Liebenberg would be a very good back row, but with every it’s more about depth although Tommy Reffell looks very good.
Not sure you were taking the mick or you had little time so I’ve decoded all your acronyms, apart from ED and LS as I have no idea as to who they are.

It is shame Mafi is currently in turmoil as I wanted him to be a Tiger too.
What do you feed them on,your nacronyms?

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3473
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:54 pm

What now?
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5075
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Tigerbeat » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:08 pm

JP14 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:54 pm
What now?
Who or what is ED or LS...........please try and remember that some people are not familiar with all players.

Please try and use players names instead of just initials as it is makes it easier for users.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3473
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Tigerbeat wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:08 pm
JP14 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:54 pm
What now?
Who or what is ED or LS...........please try and remember that some people are not familiar with all players.

Please try and use players names instead of just initials as it is makes it easier for users.

:smt023
Exactly I was translating RagingBull’s acronyms. But I didn’t know who ED or LS were.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2343
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by BFG » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Liam Squire?

kpj tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1939
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by kpj tiger » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Luke Wallace signs for Coventry RFC

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1207
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:47 pm

kpj tiger wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:05 pm
Luke Wallace signs for Coventry RFC
Massively surprised not a single premiership team went in for him. Would have been good backup if nothing else.

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3082
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by sam16111986 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:49 pm

Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:47 pm
kpj tiger wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:05 pm
Luke Wallace signs for Coventry RFC
Massively surprised not a single premiership team went in for him. Would have been good backup if nothing else.
He'll have a prem club release clause so wait until the first couple of backrow injuries and see who gives him a shot. Well, as long as he stays fit.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3473
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:36 am

BFG wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:21 pm
Liam Squire?
That would make sense
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2447
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Edinburgh in for Kwagga Smith

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7041
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by RagingBull » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Edinburgh in for Kwagga Smith
With Watson and Ritchie that would be one of the most pointless signing a club with limited budget could make.
Kwagga Van Niekerk the Scotland U20 makes more sense.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2447
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Not necessarily Ritchie can play across the backrow and Smith can play 8. Iirc Edinburgh provided Scotland with the template to play the 3 7s which although worked moderately I see no reason why 2 wouldn't work even though Smith isn't really an openside if you want to split hairs,yes he is competent at the BD but he's an all action player like Hooper. Could they have have their own version of Pooperc*ck? Kwaggamish? :smt005

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7041
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by RagingBull » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:20 pm
Not necessarily Ritchie can play across the backrow and Smith can play 8. Iirc Edinburgh provided Scotland with the template to play the 3 7s which although worked moderately I see no reason why 2 wouldn't work even though Smith isn't really an openside if you want to split hairs,yes he is competent at the BD but he's an all action player like Hooper. Could they have have their own version of Pooperc*ck? Kwaggamish? :smt005
No way would Smith start over Mata at 8.
Smith is a great player but Mata is the best 8 in Europe.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3473
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by JP14 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Unless Watson is on the way out?
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jimmy Skitz, kpj tiger, Robespierre, strawclearer, Stroudtiger67 and 2 guests