New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2361
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: New Kit

Post by Chobbsy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 pm

JWM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 pm
Come back Cotton Traders, all is forgiven...
NO WAY !!!! worst supplier ever, for me under armour
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4188
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: New Kit

Post by sapajo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Chobbsy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 pm
JWM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 pm
Come back Cotton Traders, all is forgiven...
NO WAY !!!! worst supplier ever, for me under armour
Best quality supplier ever unlike the trash that is currently being sold.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2361
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: New Kit

Post by Chobbsy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm

sapajo wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm
Chobbsy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 pm
JWM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 pm
Come back Cotton Traders, all is forgiven...
NO WAY !!!! worst supplier ever, for me under armour
Best quality supplier ever unlike the trash that is currently being sold.
My opinion, your opinion, it's what makes the world go around
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2325
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: New Kit

Post by LE18 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:04 pm

sapajo wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm
Chobbsy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 pm
JWM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 pm
Come back Cotton Traders, all is forgiven...
NO WAY !!!! worst supplier ever, for me under armour
Best quality supplier ever unlike the trash that is currently being sold.
+1

wellstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:56 am

Re: New Kit

Post by wellstiger » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:06 am

Quality of C.T was excellent. - They were good for that era of Rugby.
The game has changed where tackling a player now requires tight fitting shirts.
C.T and poor Fran Cotton was left behind.( Like most of us "Old sweats")

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: "The Home of the Game!"

Re: New Kit

Post by wormus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:47 pm

wellstiger wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:06 am
Quality of C.T was excellent. - They were good for that era of Rugby.
The game has changed where tackling a player now requires tight fitting shirts.
C.T and poor Fran Cotton was left behind.( Like most of us "Old sweats")
Ah! but the CT Cotton traders shirts still live on and by magic they still seem to stretch to the increasing "old age Girth!" One does wonder how many of these "plastic" tight fit shirts will be around in a few years but I believe my CT Vauxhall one will be, and no doubt others too will still wear earlier CT versions in the years to come. :smt023

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4374
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: New Kit

Post by Big Dai » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:12 pm

wormus wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:47 pm
wellstiger wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:06 am
Quality of C.T was excellent. - They were good for that era of Rugby.
The game has changed where tackling a player now requires tight fitting shirts.
C.T and poor Fran Cotton was left behind.( Like most of us "Old sweats")
Ah! but the CT Cotton traders shirts still live on and by magic they still seem to stretch to the increasing "old age Girth!" One does wonder how many of these "plastic" tight fit shirts will be around in a few years but I believe my CT Vauxhall one will be, and no doubt others too will still wear earlier CT versions in the years to come. :smt023
Agreed in spades.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:52 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: New Kit

Post by TigerS2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 pm

I lost interest when the price of the shirts went above £30/35. Shirts are far too expensive these days.

JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:19 am
Location: The diaspora - West Norfolk

Re: New Kit

Post by JWM » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Aye :smt023
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(

sk 88
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: New Kit

Post by sk 88 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Kits have been above £35 since at least 1996. Check the old programs.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3472
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: New Kit

Post by JP14 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:32 am

Also adjust for inflation, in 1996 £35 is now roughly £60, so really prices have not increased too much.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:52 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Ne]

Post by TigerS2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:49 pm

sk 88 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:45 pm
Kits have been above £35 since at least 1996. Check the old programs.
I brought mine for £30 in Oakham. In 1994. Love it and it still fits.

glenn
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:48 am
Location: leicester Crumbie Stand/ Captains bar

Re: New Kit

Post by glenn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:25 am

I can regularly be seen sporting my old next sponsored tigers home kit from circa 1994 I think, bit faded, but still going strong imho
Last edited by glenn on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Ne]

Post by strawclearer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:41 am

TigerS2 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:49 pm
sk 88 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:45 pm
Kits have been above £35 since at least 1996. Check the old programs.
I brought mine for £30 in Oakham. In 1994. Love it and it still fits.
That speaks volumes for your own fitness! I too have a piece of Tigers kit that still fits me like a glove after 25 years!

It's a glove.

My scarf fits too.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3472
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: New Kit

Post by JP14 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:45 pm

This is just a concept design on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/fab_rugby/status/11 ... 17473?s=21
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jgriffin and 2 guests