The player cost of relegation

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

The player cost of relegation

Post by Ian Cant »

I feel really sorry for Newcastle. Falcons’ fans as yet another player , Zachary Kibirige, has now left. I fear that Deano might not be able to get Newcastle back up as Ealing are doing a Bristol with their owner willing to invest big money to get promotion.
Tigers must get things right and make sure we aren’t anywhere near a relegation battle this season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: The player cost of relegation

Post by Scott1 »

Ian Cant wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:35 pm I feel really sorry for Newcastle. Falcons’ fans as yet another player , Zachary Kibirige, has now left. I fear that Deano might not be able to get Newcastle back up as Ealing are doing a Bristol with their owner willing to invest big money to get promotion.
Tigers must get things right and make sure we aren’t anywhere near a relegation battle this season.
There is no relegation this season,just a promotion
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

We shouldn’t feel too sorry for them, feel sorry for the Premiership quality players that should be playing for Premiership teams like Cavubati. cough cough
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:49 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:35 pm I feel really sorry for Newcastle. Falcons’ fans as yet another player , Zachary Kibirige, has now left. I fear that Deano might not be able to get Newcastle back up as Ealing are doing a Bristol with their owner willing to invest big money to get promotion.
There is no relegation this season,just a promotion
Is that now official Scott1 ?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:35 am We shouldn’t feel too sorry for them, feel sorry for the Premiership quality players that should be playing for Premiership teams like Cavubati. cough cough
Not a player I feel the Prem will particularly miss. Now if you were to say Sinoti, Goneva, Wilson, Takalua, Mulipola or Johnny Williams then I'd agree that they are too good for the Championship and may well enjoy next season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not official yet but I'm quite sure it will be.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:22 am Not official yet but I'm quite sure it will be.
To add to this I believe there is going to be a seismic shift from international to club rugby in the near future. (Which will be a crying shame imo)
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 am
JP14 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:35 am We shouldn’t feel too sorry for them, feel sorry for the Premiership quality players that should be playing for Premiership teams like Cavubati. cough cough
Not a player I feel the Prem will particularly miss. Now if you were to say Sinoti, Goneva, Wilson, Takalua, Mulipola or Johnny Williams then I'd agree that they are too good for the Championship and may well enjoy next season.
I’ve already said Takalua on multiple occasions, Sinoti apparently we’ve approached but that didn’t suffice, Wilson and Williams will go to other clubs I think and I doubt Goneva or Mulipola would return.

I agree with you all of the above are high standard, I was just offering a realistic acquisition.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

If there is no relegation this season, does that mean there will be no promotion next season, or are we going to have 14 clubs in the Premiership the season after next? :smt017 :smt017
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 pm If there is no relegation this season, does that mean there will be no promotion next season, or are we going to have 14 clubs in the Premiership the season after next? :smt017 :smt017
I wouldn't worry about that until it's actually confirmed.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 pm If there is no relegation this season, does that mean there will be no promotion next season, or are we going to have 14 clubs in the Premiership the season after next? :smt017 :smt017
Just promotion so 20/21 season will be 13 teams. Not confirmed yet but very good chance it happens.