Why is he not part of our set up????

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Why is he not part of our set up????

Post by Scott1 »

Let's not twist things. This wasn't a coach who came in cold halfway through a season. Murphy lost one game BUT was a coach and player for many years so not a good excuse imo.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:26 am Stick with the coaches in place and I don't expect anything different next season!
Nail hit firmly well and truly on the head.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:26 am Stick with the coaches in place and I don't expect anything different next season!
Which coaches will still be in place next year? - I believe one is out of contract if I am right, other coaches will surely be coming or staying and I expect announcements on this very shortly.
Hehehehehehehehe
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I am struggling to accept the negativity that appears at times. Tigers had a poor season....accepted. The coaches do not play the matches so the players cannot be fully exempted from their part in the season.
Injuries, suspensions and back up in these positions has not been up to the standard that is expected by the fans.

Nineteen players have departed for various reasons and new signings have been made. These new signings have not been even given a chance before they have got a foot in the door at Welford Road and some are still expecting the same next season.
The execution of moves, passes, tackles, positions etc is down to the players. The coaches may have had their input but if the players cant catch, tackle, pass or drift out of position this is not a coaches fault. Win as a team and lose as a team and take collective responsibility.
The current structure is currently being reviewed, as we have been informed, so there may be more signings and changes to come.
I agree that Geordan needs to be moved but not necessarily removed from the whole set up.

As fro the Board / Peter Tom and co., I am sure that they are wanting to see success back at Leicester on the pitch whilst maintaining a good financial perfromance. Catering has been awarded to another supplier so lets give them a chance.

Looking forward to the next season with some positivity rather than believing failure is on the way.

Have a great summer and enjoy your holidays wherever you may go.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:40 am I don't think you can blame the crowd,even though its been a terrible season whenever I've been there it's been rocking. It's gonna go quiet when we are getting trounced that's understandable but to blame the crowd is a copout imo. If anything our fans have been overly patient (talking matchday not forums obviously)
I'm not solely blaming the crowd but I've heard respected players down the years highlight the WR crowd factor as a part of their success and there is little doubt that over the past few years the crowd has become less patient with it's own team.
Playing at home is supposed to be an advantage and I'm not sure that has been the case with all of the turmoil.
I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that we can't compare to past expectations without all factors being in place.
It's just another factor amongst many.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:00 pm
The coaches may have had their input but if the players cant catch, tackle, pass or drift out of position this is not a coaches fault. Win as a team and lose as a team and take collective responsibility.
Well this beggars the billion dollar question as who within the club decided to recruit and retain players that cant catch, tackle, pass or drift out of position and apparently this complete lack of basic rugby skills cannot be rectified by our coaches?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:13 pm
The coaches may have had their input but if the players cant catch, tackle, pass or drift out of position this is not a coaches fault. Win as a team and lose as a team and take collective responsibility.
Well this beggars the billion dollar question as who within the club decided to recruit and retain players that cant catch, tackle, pass or drift out of position and apparently this lack of basic rugby skills cannot be rectified by our coaches?
I'll have a little go at trying to answer your question.
It's possible that every new coach or coaching promotion or player that has arrived in recent years has entered an ever growing negative environment as it has all kept evolving.
Wounds need cleaning properly in order to heal properly!
It's something definitely worth considering in my opinion.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

The fact that last season was not a one off, hardly inspires supporters. The rot set in some four to five years ago, so it is hardly surprising there are so many doubters among supporters. This rot has been left unchecked and allowed to worsen, with the BOD making abysmal decisions which have fanned the flames for an ever worsening scenario.

How can we envisage any positivity, until we have actually witnessed some?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:33 pm The fact that last season was not a one off, hardly inspires supporters. The rot set in some four to five years ago, so it is hardly surprising there are so many doubters among supporters. This rot has been left unchecked and allowed to worsen, with the BOD making abysmal decisions which have fanned the flames for an ever worsening scenario.

I suppose each season is a new one.
Not sacking the coach after one game and at least giving him a fair crack might be good though.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BFG wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:23 pm
Well this beggars the billion dollar question as who within the club decided to recruit and retain players that cant catch, tackle, pass or drift out of position and apparently this lack of basic rugby skills cannot be rectified by our coaches?
It's possible that every new coach or coaching promotion or player that has arrived in recent years has entered an ever growing negative environment as it has all kept evolving.
Well I have heard it all now, our complete collapse over the last 5 seasons is down to an ever growing negative environment.

If only I could have wheeled that out at an annual performance review.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

"Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity" ----- :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:56 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:33 pm The fact that last season was not a one off, hardly inspires supporters. The rot set in some four to five years ago, so it is hardly surprising there are so many doubters among supporters. This rot has been left unchecked and allowed to worsen, with the BOD making abysmal decisions which have fanned the flames for an ever worsening scenario.

I suppose each season is a new one.
Not sacking the coach after one game and at least giving him a fair crack might be good though.
Sacking the coach at the end of the previous season when he wasn't good enough and getting in a top coach and giving him preseason or sacking the coach who doesn't turn up for the start of preseason so that the we can at least make use of preseason. They would have both been better options than let the inept coach go after a season and leave an inexperienced coaching setup with no preseason, an inadequate squad and no chance at doing more than trying to survive.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:31 pm "Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity" ----- :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
So pleased that you evidently find your immaturity self amusing.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:57 pm
BFG wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Well I have heard it all now, our complete collapse over the last 5 seasons is down to an ever growing negative environment.

If only I could have wheeled that out at an annual performance review.
Sorry but I do think that you prove to a certain extent that the negativity of the past few seasons is becoming more difficult to shake off.
We have new coaches and new players to come in for a new season and you are finding it difficult to find any positives for it before it has even started.
I'm not claiming that everything will be rosy but at the same time I am not going to claim it's going to be bad before it's even had it's chance.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

If you find my postings negative then please do not read them its really that simple. I shall carry on posting what I deem fit and if that does not suit your agenda, your vain attempts to physco analyse and pidgeon hole them, so be it.