Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Boring Sarries, boring Exeter

Post by Scott1 »

We won the league 4 times in one year? :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:08 am We won the league 4 times in one year? :smt005
Well spotted. :smt044 I’ve corrected it now.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

We were good but not that good! :smt002
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

1989Tiger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:06 am
JP14 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:14 pm The only thing I find boring is the fact that it’s these two teams in the final, highlights the collective atrocity of the teams below them, which BT Sport spurs up as making the league the best in the world, it’s absolute drivel.
Did you find it boring between 99-02 when Tigers won the league 4 times in a row and find it boring when Tigers got to 9 finals in a row?
I think your missing my point, one I was even alive during the 99-02 period (I was born in 2003 if you must really know), back in our 9 finals in a row run, the league was less competitive but I’d argue the level of rugby was better as coaches relied on coaching rather than buying in superstars, southerners, my point is more about how woeful the league has been this year.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I have to agree with JP, the word "competitive" has just been used to mask the truth because it's been an awful league at times this year. Every league has its stinkers but of the big 3 leagues I've watched this year the GP has been comfortably the third best imo. (And I'm not counting Europe before someone says well the GP must be better because Sarries won the RCC)
I've actually really enjoyed the Top14, especially Toulouse,103 league trys this season I believe. I'll be glued to the league's first playoff match tonight.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Both teams are playing a good brand of rugby and I look forward to the final.

Let's hope that next season we find a way of competing at this level and find ourselves in a final or two :smt041
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Seems to be plenty of jealousy towards Sarries in particular but also a bit towards Exeter.
I think England would be in serious trouble without Sarries professionalism in development.
You don't hear the same moans when the All Blacks pick and go or when the Springboks kick chase.
The top two in the Premiership are clearly very professional all round, it's up to the rest to attain that level rather than moan and groan about having to.
Moaning and groaning just goes to show how far away the rest are, it is packed out with next generation and age grade brats who aren't prepared to work and fight enough, and coaches that aren't good enough as if they are willing to moan publicly about how the opposition are too good then what message does it send.
Anyone who doesn't notice and respect how hard Sarries are prepared to fight for every inch needs a slap!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

...and Brad Barritt down to start!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I respect them both, doesn't mean I have to like them,that's my choice thank you very much!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

BFG wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:55 pm Anyone who doesn't notice and respect how hard Sarries are prepared to fight for every inch needs a slap!
Ah yes, such an eloquent argument well made. Respect is earned not bought with extremely favourable interest rates.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 pm
BFG wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:55 pm Anyone who doesn't notice and respect how hard Sarries are prepared to fight for every inch needs a slap!
Ah yes, such an eloquent argument well made. Respect is earned not bought with extremely favourable interest rates.
It matters not how much folk think it might've cost, the fact is that the effort and commitment simply canno't be overlooked.
If Sarries players futures are being aided with more of a sense of security with help and advice in investments then frankly they are earning it.
It's another level to anyone and resembles Tigers team past and players like Corry and Moody.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Quote in Guardian - article about Saracens:-

'The difference lies in how Saracens treat their employees: they always go the extra mile – at least one former player is still receiving contributions towards his property costs seven years after his retirement – for those who give their all to the club in return.'

Does this mean that Itoje, Farrell, Kruis will continue to be 'supported' when their illustrious careers come to an end? Where does that fit in the salary cap?

Magnificent team on the filed. McCall class act. England would be lost without the players. But financially..................Well it was interesting to see Edward Griffiths leave a couple of years ago.................
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Most boring half of rugby I’ve ever watched :smt046 :smt026 :smt026
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Yeah, it was terrible wasn't it. Had trouble staying awake.

And the play offs are such a terrible idea. The League winners should get the Trophy.

Not!

Great game. Great final. Well done Sarries. Jealousy will get you nowhere.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

ourla wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:15 am Yeah, it was terrible wasn't it. Had trouble staying awake.

And the play offs are such a terrible idea. The League winners should get the Trophy.

Not!

Great game. Great final. Well done Sarries. Jealousy will get you nowhere.
+1 :smt023
Soggypitch